British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Trees said:

Yes I'm sure he does .....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

He's proud of the old Union Jack on the Aussir flag lol, remember the night he arrived here in his white sweatshirt :D

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Does batch not live in the uk full time anyway ? 

I was going to say the same. Doesn't he have a very young family too? He's not listed in any of the big meetings in Aussie this winter!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I was going to say the same. Doesn't he have a very young family too? He's not listed in any of the big meetings in Aussie this winter!!

I'm pretty sure he does, he's not all bad, he's just an Aussie LOL

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Does batch not live in the uk full time anyway ? 

Lives just round the corner, collected a bath for my little lad from him - I know, you can all sleep better now :lol:

As ipswich fans I feel we throw out names like Emil just to make us feel better yet we know it will someone useless like worral

If we did manage to pull off the Emil signing or another 8 pointer, we’d have 4.27 left. Would anyone take Heeps back on 4.18? Unless we could find another 4 pointer from abroad with good potential, I think I’d gamble on Heeps rather than Mountain or Hume personally. He would also keep Rew at reserve whilst the other two would push Rew in to the 1-5..

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

If we did manage to pull off the Emil signing or another 8 pointer, we’d have 4.27 left. Would anyone take Heeps back on 4.18? Unless we could find another 4 pointer from abroad with good potential, I think I’d gamble on Heeps rather than Mountain or Hume personally. He would also keep Rew at reserve whilst the other two would push Rew in to the 1-5..

No thanks, heeps was far worse than Hume in both leagues last year

• Like 2

If we paying out for Doyle and Emil,, might as well go the whole hog and get another decent young euro rider,, and make sure we put a good team out. 

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

If Ipswich sign Heeps, at least they will have the opportunity of signing him and sacking him 3 years running.  Still, the Golf Society will be pleased :rofl:

• Haha 1

I know politics and sport should be kept separate but they aren't. Even though Emil gets to ride through the backdoor on a Polish licence, personally every Russian sportsman should condemn what's going on in Ukraine to compete anywhere. He may have done this already, be so pleased if he has and welcome him, but if not I'd be looking elsewhere. 

Edited by gazzac

45 minutes ago, wtf said:

If Ipswich sign Heeps, at least they will have the opportunity of signing him and sacking him 3 years running.  Still, the Golf Society will be pleased :rofl:

Don’t get me wrong he’d be nowhere near any list of mine if you were only  starting the team building, just looking through the option available on 4.27 and it’s only him, Hume and Mountain available. I’m with Baldyman I’d prefer we sought out another Rew and took a chance on another new 4 pointer, but if the choice is Mountain Hume or Heeps I’d reluctantly go for Heeps. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Don’t get me wrong he’d be nowhere near any list of mine if you were only  starting the team building, just looking through the option available on 4.27 and it’s only him, Hume and Mountain available. I’m with Baldyman I’d prefer we sought out another Rew and took a chance on another new 4 pointer, but if the choice is Mountain Hume or Heeps I’d reluctantly go for Heeps. 

I think you should get Hume back, improving rider who in my opinion could put a point on his average.

50 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I know politics and sport should be kept separate but they aren't. Even though Emil gets to ride through the backdoor on a Polish licence, personally every Russian sportsman should condemn what's going on in Ukraine to compete anywhere. He may have done this already, be so pleased if he has and welcome him, but if not I'd be looking elsewhere. 

All very laudable but such a public denouncment would no doubt put the lives of family still in Russia at risk

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Just get Emil and Artem assessed at 6 and have them both instead :D;)

• Like 1