British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

So the Emil rumour continues, is this something that is seriously being looked at or is it just rumours?

Id it doesn't come off there is a go rider who needs to do something different in my opinion as he has gone of the boil over the past couple of seasons...... Tai?

I know for a fact they are actively trying to get the Emil deal over the line. He’s keen to ride over here this season so we will see 

4 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I know for a fact they are actively trying to get the Emil deal over the line. He’s keen to ride over here this season so we will see 

It can't possibly happen. Russians are not allowed to race anywhere. As he has a Polish licence (and citizenship) he is allowed to race there, but he absolutely won't be allowed to race in the UK, or anywhere else as his Polish licence won't cover him anywhere other than Poland. 

Edited by stewmac

On 1/3/2023 at 7:19 PM, Falcon1983 said:
  •  

Emil on a Polish licence not promoting the Russian flag is fine for 2023 IF he decides to agree a deal to ride for any said club 

Wrong. He's not allowed to race anywhere other than in Poland. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stewmac said:

It can't possibly happen. Russians are not allowed to race anywhere. As he has a Polish licence (and citizenship) he is allowed to race there, but he absolutely won't be allowed to race in the UK, or anywhere else as his Polish licence won't cover him anywhere other than Poland. 

7 minutes ago, stewmac said:

Wrong. He's not allowed to race anywhere other than in Poland. 

Partly correct.

Any Russian national that had global citizenship elsewhere pre-2022 are free to work anywhere in Europe. 

Any non UK citizenships taken up by Russians from 2022-on are suspended from UK employment but work permits can still be applied for. The process could take up to 6 months to approve, providing they have no historical links to working for the communist & / or current Russian government, this includes all family members. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Any Russian national that had global citizenship elsewhere pre-2022 are free to work anywhere in Europe. 

What is "global citizenship"?

What I stated was correct. There is no chance for Emil to race anywhere other than in Poland this year. 

Edited by stewmac

9 minutes ago, stewmac said:

What is "global citizenship"?

What I stated was correct. There is no chance for Emil to race anywhere other than in Poland this year. 

You're partly right. 

Emil can be granted a work permit, it can only be approved directly by the Prime Minister & / or Secretary of State for the Home Department & take up to 6 months. 

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You're partly right. 

Emil can be granted a work permit, it can only be approved directly by the Prime Minister & / or Secretary of State for the Home Department & take up to 6 months. 

That still doesn`t alter anything- Emil is riding on a Polish licence and they will not give start permission for anywhere other than Poland.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

That still doesn`t alter anything- Emil is riding on a Polish licence and they will not give start permission for anywhere other than Poland.

You're talking about the PZM though, that's a separate conversation to be had. 

If they have granted his licence on the proviso that he remains in Poland then that is the end of the conversation. 

33 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Sounds like it's gonna be Worral and Batch then:unsure:unless Doyle can sweet talk Holder whilst their together in Oz to join him up at Foxhall 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

You're partly right. 

You didn't reply as to what "global citizenship" is, if it is indeed anything! 

And if it would take 6 months, then as I said, Emil will only be riding in Poland this year. It has already been stated multiple times in the Polish media that he will only be allowed to race in Poland in 2023. 

Edited by stewmac

4 minutes ago, stewmac said:

You didn't reply as to what "global citizenship" is, if it is indeed anything! 

And if it would take 6 months, then as I said, Emil will only be riding in Poland this year. It has already been stated multiple times in the Polish media that he will only be allowed to race in Poland in 2023. 

I think he just meant citizenship in another country, global citizenship is something completely different.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

My sources tell me differently. Emil is riding for Peterborough this year.

• Haha 2