British Speedway Forum

You would like to think,, they have already sounded out another couple of riders,, just in case plan A couldn't be done in time. Maybe plan B is a another decent rider on a short term contract until plan A is sorted,,, or maybe there is a plan C with a duffer or 2 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

You would like to think,, they have already sounded out another couple of riders,, just in case plan A couldn't be done in time. Maybe plan B is a another decent rider on a short term contract until plan A is sorted,,, or maybe there is a plan C with a duffer or 2 

You’d think Emil would be every bit if not more expensive than Doyle so the dough in theory should still be there for someone else of a decent calibre if that doesn’t come off. Six weeks tomorrow we face Peterborough at Foxhall so it’s creeping up on us!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Irving said:

Exactly. Louis will know every single detail that needed/needs to be sorted, and the hurdles he’ll need to overcome. He’ll have been given the chances of success by people working on the deal for him and how long it could possibly take. If he’s decided that the chances are enough for him to keep persevering with it then that’s entirely his prerogative and it certainly won’t prove the keyboard experts on here correct if the chase ultimately fails! He’s seemingly now put a deadline on this and will then move on with a back up. Again, that’s entirely his prerogative!

And then you woke up!

1 hour ago, Panthers70 said:

And then you woke up!

Oh look another prat who thinks he knows better than the actual promoter working on the deal!!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Two weeks won’t be enough to sort the Emil situation

What Emil situation :unsure:

2 hours ago, TINYS said:

What Emil situation :unsure:

And TINYCOCK from six finger land weighs in with his tuppence worth! You’ve been doing this since last October. I bet you sit there in your mother’s basement with your fingers in your ears going “nope, it’s rumours, all rumours, 100% no chance they’re going for Emil Sayfutdinov” 

3 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

And TINYCOCK from six finger land weighs in with his tuppence worth! You’ve been doing this since last October. I bet you sit there in your mother’s basement with your fingers in your ears going “nope, it’s rumours, all rumours, 100% no chance they’re going for Emil Sayfutdinov” 

That's because it is all rumours.

16 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Oh look another prat who thinks he knows better than the actual promoter working on the deal!!

That's the second time you've got personal. Isn't it etiquette to attack the post and not the poster?

Anyway, despite thinking there is no chance of it happening I would actually have liked Ipswich to sign Emil as it would be great to have a rider of his undoubted ability riding in Britain. Now I hope the deal falls through, so this post comes back to bite you.

Edited by Panthers70

27 minutes ago, Panthers70 said:

That's the second time you've got personal. Isn't it etiquette to attack the post and not the poster?

Anyway, despite thinking there is no chance of it happening I would actually have liked Ipswich to sign Emil as it would be great to have a rider of his undoubted ability riding in Britain. Now I hope the deal falls through, so this post comes back to bite you.

“Actually I’d have liked Ipswich to sign Emil”

LOL. You’re fooling nobody. 

It won’t “bite me” in any way shape or form. The facts are very very simple, YOU have absolutely no clue whatsoever that this deal has “no chance of happening”. You simply know it’s a very difficult deal to do for obvious reasons as does everybody else and Chris Louis himself. If Chris Louis knew it was impossible as you say it is, do you honestly think we’d be in to February with him still chasing it?? 

You’re a fan, a supporter of your team. No more, no less. You 100% have no greater idea than Chris Louis does on the chances of signing Emil Sayfutdinov. You just don’t so stop all the pompous bullshi!t. 

Louis will be in no doubt that the chances are he’ll have to give up eventually and move on to someone else but if and when that happens don’t sit there all smug with the “I told you so’s” because you haven’t one iota what is going on behind closed doors. If Louis is still chasing his signature that is because he’s been given encouragement to do so. If it fails, so be it  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

“Actually I’d have liked Ipswich to sign Emil”

LOL. You’re fooling nobody. 

It won’t “bite me” in any way shape or form. The facts are very very simple, YOU have absolutely no clue whatsoever that this deal has “no chance of happening”. You simply know it’s a very difficult deal to do for obvious reasons as does everybody else and Chris Louis himself. If Chris Louis knew it was impossible as you say it is, do you honestly think we’d be in to February with him still chasing it?? 

You’re a fan, a supporter of your team. No more, no less. You 100% have no greater idea than Chris Louis does on the chances of signing Emil Sayfutdinov. You just don’t so stop all the pompous bullshi!t. 

Louis will be in no doubt that the chances are he’ll have to give up eventually and move on to someone else but if and when that happens don’t sit there all smug with the “I told you so’s” because you haven’t one iota what is going on behind closed doors. If Louis is still chasing his signature that is because he’s been given encouragement to do so. If it fails, so be it  

How can you accuse someone of having no clue, then suggest Louis is waiting on the 'Emil situation'. You too have no clue as nobody at Ipswich has even suggested they're chasing the signature of Emil Sayfutdinov. You're also guessing & working with hearsay. 

Don't be such a little baby over other people's opinions

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

2 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

You must of had a bad day:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

If you get so triggered by posts you don't like that you start hurling abuse around I'd suggest the BSF might not be for you.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Think you need to realise why some people need six fingers,and it's totally opposite to what you have said:D

• Haha 2

On 2/9/2023 at 6:08 PM, Steve Irving said:

If Chris Louis knew it was impossible as you say it is, do you honestly think we’d be in to February with him still chasing it?? 

Maybe that’s because the alternatives are very limited, hoping it comes off so he doesn’t have to resort to plan B.

Edited by Call me wolfie