British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, wtf said:

I think because more people each day visit your average MacDonalds, than go to a speedway meeting, it's not exactly "big news". Afterall a good investigative reported could be spending their time looking into pot holes, tory sleaze, mis-shaped vegetables, or a negative trust pilot review. That's the real news of the day :t:

Or investigating journalists who work for the Daily Liar and Liar Online.......

5 minutes ago, wtf said:

I think because more people each day visit your average MacDonalds, than go to a speedway meeting, it's not exactly "big news". Afterall a good investigative reported could be spending their time looking into pot holes, tory sleaze, mis-shaped vegetables, or a negative trust pilot review. That's the real news of the day :t:

Your right. Global average for the number of customers visiting a single McDonalds each day is 1800. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I think it could possibly be a short term contract with Holder,,, then after that who knows. 

Where did you hear that.

Hope the balloons sent up over the Ipswich area from Peterborough dont get shot down before the info is retrieved as to who is actually signing for the Witches

Update . 

The ballons are just the standard type blue ones with Happy Birthday printed on them due in the main to the budget that Peterborough Speedway is now being run to, as cheap is cheerful now it seems 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I think it could possibly be a short term contract with Holder,,, then after that who knows. 

He could use the Kevlars that were ordered by Peterborough then   

As they were rumoured to have alot of purple in the colouring so at least they will look blue from a distance

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Where did you hear that.

I've not heard that from anywhere,,, but he seems to be out of a place at the Panthers,,, and we need someone if they are waiting on Emil,,, so I just put 1 and 3 together and come up with 5

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cambpanther said:

Dudek wont be riding in UK

I didn’t say he was. Just Gavan’s numerous posts stating Dudek to Ipswich was 100% nailed on.

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

Your right. Global average for the number of customers visiting a single McDonalds each day is 1800. 

lucky guess on my part :rofl:

4 hours ago, Mau said:

Don't either the Ipswich or Peterborough local press employ investigative reporters anymore? I'm sure if Elvin King was still around we would have known what was going on.

Because a good journalist nurturing a new relationship with a promotion isn't going to going blurting out information that isn't verified or confirmed

They would also respect certain a level of confidentiality even where they know

• Like 1

The Star and EADT haven't employed journalists for a long, long time - the standard of writing has reduced dramatically, and most articles are simply reports of something that's happened - often from Tweets, etc. - with no observation, analysis or opinion.

Look at this for a prime example of meaningless, hilarious drivel (Tuesday, 14 Feb): https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/23319268.suffolk-heater-fail-leaves-audi-driver-without-100-000-car/

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I've not heard that from anywhere,,, but he seems to be out of a place at the Panthers,,, and we need someone if they are waiting on Emil,,, so I just put 1 and 3 together and come up with 5

Yes thought so.

What was the next line?   Cos if not they are up the paddle without a creek,,, or,,,not that it matters cos plan B is as good? 

20 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

What was the next line?   Cos if not they are up the paddle without a creek,,, or,,,not that it matters cos plan B is as good? 

Was just a rehash really of what Louis said earlier in the week at the end of the sponsorship piece

”The Witches generally do their work prior to Christmas and did so again this time in terms of their first five signings - but two places have remained unfilled, with the first of those clearly having a bearing on the club’s direction of travel for the second”.

So nothing we didn’t already know really, get who they really want in and then Hume goes with him, or having to settle for Batch and Cook..

Still think Holder may come in to the thinking if he’s not the heat leader Peterborough are talking about. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

“Witches still hoping for a happy ending” is the headline in the Witches part of the Speedway Star…

A545C28D-2056-4523-AC5C-C50AC87937E8.jpeg

Doesn’t sound promising does it.