British Speedway Forum

On paper a great signing but his success will depend on what machinery he is running. 

Well done Ipswich - that's a hell of a coup..

Edited by Robinh88

3 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

On paper a great signing but his success will depend on what machinery he is running.

He’ll be well looked after by Guy Nicholls. His machinery will be top notch no danger of that. He certainly won’t be on the track spare!

• Like 2

A signing that will probably be seen as wrong by the British public in general. The timing of the announcement is beyond stupid and any media attention it does receive, is now almost guaranteed to be bad. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lynnfan91 said:

I just hope Emil manages to get a visa hahaha. Would be a shame if he didn't get one...

I must be honest I am of the same opinion, the visa is not mentioned in anything I have read about the Ipswich signing.

The story makes a big thing about him having Polish Citizenship and having a Polish Passport but the bottom line is he is Russian and has medals to prove it.

Interesting.

Not sure you can hold every russian accountable to what Putin does. Out of interest are the russian tennis players back in tournaments? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure you can hold every russian accountable to what Putin does. Out of interest are the russian tennis players back in tournaments? 

Yes, Just not at Wimbledon although that'll probably change this year.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It was very prescient of Emil to take out a Polish Licence in 2010 and citizenship  - clearly he knew all this was going to happen 13 years later!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
spelling!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

Well done Ipswich - that's a hell of a coup..

Google a picture of tru plant and you will get an idea of the approach Guy takes to buying new equipment.......

No doubt similar will apply here

42 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Similarly as an Englishman I’d like distance myself as far away as humanly possible from the actions of  every one of the prime ministers of this country to serve in the same time frame as putin and beyond

the thought of it being assumed I’m sympathetic to the likes of bojo just because of where I’m born is stomach turning haha

Edited by 89buttons
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Google a picture of tru plant and you will get an idea of the approach Guy takes to buying new equipment.......

That and he’s still sponsored by red bull

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Cant wait to see Emil on a digger first meeting of the season, will still be quicker Hans.

• Haha 5

Emils Ipswich kevlars 

2DE8EEF4-AC31-42F8-A159-0EF6315F646F.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

If Pedersen ends up at Peterborough then I would imagine the opening night at foxhall could see a bumper crowd.

Taken from SGP website 

The deal remains subject to confirmation from British Speedway Promoters Ltd, and he will need a UK visa. But Sayfutdinov is hopeful these obstacles will be overcome as Witches boss Chris Louis works hard to conclude a deal that has been months in the making.

Sayfutdinov said: “I think there is a long process to go. I remember Chris calling in November asking about the possibility. We didn’t answer straight away and thought about it for a few days, but then we called Chris to ask how the situation looked and all the problems he could face