British Speedway Forum

I have seen on Twitter this morning a few posts from different polish fans, all saying that Emil, when Russia invaded Ukraine, posted on social media a controversial image of him in his Russian fedefation race suit which shows support to his homeland

Now as a forum member i know not to believe everything, but if that photo surfaces anywhere (if true) that can be quite damning for the club and its sponsors etc. 

At least we know this deal has been put together via some good sponsors of the club such as Guy and its not being funded by the Kremlin comrades

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

I have seen on Twitter this morning a few posts from different polish fans, all saying that Emil, when Russia invaded Ukraine, posted on social media a controversial image of him in his Russian fedefation race suit which shows support to his homeland

Now as a forum member i know not to believe everything, but if that photo surfaces anywhere (if true) that can be quite damning for the club and its sponsors etc. 

At least we know this deal has been put together via some good sponsors of the club such as Guy and its not being funded by the Kremlin comrades

I saw that myself. It was posted by one bot on Twitter which was then retweeted by a couple of others. When he was challenged to provide the photo in question, he’s ignored them. Seems to be an awful lot of mischief making going on and a few negative comments on Twitter from brand new accounts created only yesterday. The majority of the negative comments seem to be coming from the Poles, and yet the same people seem happy for him to resume racing in their native Poland. How does that make sense?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Aries said:

I saw that myself. It was posted by one bot on Twitter which was then retweeted by a couple of others. When he was challenged to provide the photo in question, he’s ignored them. Seems to be an awful lot of mischief making going on and a few negative comments on Twitter from brand new accounts created only yesterday. The majority of the negative comments seem to be coming from the Poles, and yet the same people seem happy for him to resume racing in their native Poland. How does that make sense?

Probably because Poland has it's fair share of "numpties" just as we do in the UK.:)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Aries said:

The poles can’t hack another league being centre of attention for 5 minutes 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

They are lying.

I follow all of the riders on Twitter and I remember Emil posting a handshake image where one hand was painted in a Russian flag and the other hand in a Ukrainian flag with the caption about peace no war.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

People post all shorts of gibberish on twitter, have seen a few posters on here posting very different stuff on there! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

I'm taking no notice of social media with this signing. I couldn't give a monkeys where he's from. British speedway needs him and the league looks so much better for it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blupanther said:

There are two types of people in this world. Those who believe all the propaganda they hear on television, and those who don't...

So what are you saying, do you not believe there’s a war going on in Ukraine started by the Russians. That has to be the most idiotic comment I’ve seen posted on this forum.

11 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

So what are you saying, do you not believe there’s a war going on in Ukraine started by the Russians. That has to be the most idiotic comment I’ve seen posted on this forum.

I never said that, you have just jumped to that false conclusion without putting your brain in gear. I suggest you read part of the idiotic post below that me and others were responding to...:rolleyes:

''Don't come crying to me when the Russians have destroyed your house and your door slams into your arse.''

19 hours ago, PolskiZuzel said:

'I don't know what the English wanted to prove. Probably their own stupidity and ignorance. Or maybe they wanted to "celebrate" the anniversary of Russia's attack on Ukraine in this way? It's outrageous. They don't have an ounce of decency - said the former Polish international, Jan Krzystyniak. Sayfutdinov is not a Pole and I will repeat it all the time. He was, is and will be a Russian for me and no passport will change that. The mere fact of allowing him to compete is outrageous, because as long as the war lasts, Russian athletes should be excluded from all competitions. And what the English have done is the height of rudeness. After all, they could have announced this contract a few days earlier, or a few days later, if only out of respect for all the victims of this war. For me, they are either ignorant people who do not know what is happening in Europe, or egoists who do not care about human suffering and do not look further than the tip of their own noses, concluded Krzystyniak.

Source: Przeglad Sportowy-Onet (Sports Review_Onet) Creation date: 24th Feb., 18:28

What a ridiculous list.

no one is ‘celebrating’ Russia’s invasion.

I would imagine the world is still equally as appalled at Russia’s actions.

Why they would announce the signing on that day however is appalling. 

3 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

started by the Russians.

i think if you look away from mainstream media you might find out what USA have been doing in Ukraine over the years that has totally pi55ed off Putin

• Like 2

Put it this way, I know someone who is dating a russian girl way before the invasion started. Since then she can't even leave the house. Everytime they try go out for a quick pint or even the shops some up nose tosser will give her non stop abuse. She doesn't support the war and is quite frankly ashamed of what is going on in Ukraine. To all those people that think the signing is wrong and shouldn't happen....would you deny her attending a speedway meeting ? Just cause of where she was born and her accent? Give me a break. Speedway is one big family that welcomes all backgrounds. The timing of the announcement isn't great but what has Emil go to do with Putin ? He's a speedway rider. Simple. He isn't a soldier or isn't firing missiles at anyone. He just wants to turn left and do 4 laps and enjoy his riding. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

I never said that, you have just jumped to that false conclusion without putting your brain in gear. I suggest you read part of the idiotic post below that me and others were responding to...:rolleyes:

''Don't come crying to me when the Russians have destroyed your house and your door slams into your arse.''

I did put my brain into gear but as I haven’t seen any propaganda on tv about Putin invading the UK I assumed you were on about the comment regarding Ukrainian blood. Maybe if you had highlighted the part you were referring to (as you had no problem doing on my reply) it wouldn’t have come across as such an idiotic comment.

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

i think if you look away from mainstream media you might find out what USA have been doing in Ukraine over the years that has totally pi55ed off Putin

The man is a complete psycho and won’t stop until he has reinstated the USSR, Ukraine joining NATO would have meant it could never happen.

6 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

He has actually said he thinks it is all done with actors. He actually said Russia weren’t going to invade it was all western propaganda and more wacky stuff you only get from the idiot corners of the internet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1