British Speedway Forum

B

3 hours ago, Mau said:

There is no reason to rush and sign another rider as rising star.  Initially, at any rate, we can use riders such as Leon Flint and Dan Thompson as guests.

That can't possibly be allowed though, guests are something we want far less of and there is/has been plenty of time to sign a replacement before the season starts.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mau said:

There is no reason to rush and sign another rider as rising star.  Initially, at any rate, we can use riders such as Leon Flint and Dan Thompson as guests.

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That can't possibly be allowed though, guests are something we want far less of and there is/has been plenty of time to sign a replacement before the season starts.

Even if it was allowed I would want and expect them not to go down that route

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Even if it was allowed I would want and expect them not to go down that route

Yes. That might be cheating :P

4 hours ago, Mau said:

Im sure it used to be that a team couldn't have a guest for a rider that hadn't made an appearance - but I can't see anything in the Regs ...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yes. That might be cheating :P

Indeed and I'd rather beat them than join them 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Im sure it used to be that a team couldn't have a guest for a rider that hadn't made an appearance - but I can't see anything in the Regs ...

I'm sure it was as well and still should be. Could sort of understand it if it was a broken collarbone or something, but the poor lad looks to be and for his own good should be out for the season, with riders available it can't be right to start with guests. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Over to Mr Morris....

Integrity....

5 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Was just listening to kelvin Tatums podcast and he let slip that you’ve signed a replacement, they cut the name out of the rider though as it hasn’t been revealed by the club yet. Can only assume it’s kemp or Rowe 

Considering Jack Thomas was in both Poole and Ipswich teams, I do wonder if Ipswich do get Rowe or Kemp, they will also double up with Poole as well, as will help with race sharpness level needed to do well in the Prem. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Considering Jack Thomas was in both Poole and Ipswich teams, I do wonder if Ipswich do get Rowe or Kemp, they will also double up with Poole as well, as will help with race sharpness level needed to do well in the Prem. 

I think this one will be a surprise.

• Thanks 1

I’m not sure who else is in the rising star list. Maybe Conor Bailey or the thompson twin 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mau said:

13 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

11 hours ago, gazzac said:

I'm sure it was as well and still should be. Could sort of understand it if it was a broken collarbone or something, but the poor lad looks to be and for his own good should be out for the season, with riders available it can't be right to start with guests. 

There is 0% whatsoever a legitimate reason for Ipswich to be allowed a guest when there are plenty of RS options available. That said this being Speedway - you never know lol!

• Like 3

Zero point not bringing someone in so we have a settled 1-7 from the start. Jacks road to recovery is going to be a long one, when he’s fit the situation can be assessed

Kemp or Rowe will be fine,,, there must be weaker RS riders being used,, if not weaker then new to tracks with less experience 

• Like 1