British Speedway Forum

33 minutes ago, marko said:

Why would anyone want Batch back? This is a team sport, Batch is not a team player, he only rides for himself and then only when he feels like it.

Think that’s pretty harsh. Decent team man last season for us. Frustrating how hot and cold he was form wise but nothing against the bloke.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, marko said:

Why would anyone want Batch back? This is a team sport, Batch is not a team player, he only rides for himself and then only when he feels like it.

Just needs handling the right way. Seems the best option at this stage (if available)

I'm by far and away not his biggest fan,,, but credit where its due,,, Batch on many many occasions looked for his partners and raced with his head and got his partners through many times or sat behind and blocked using track craft.  Didnt look selfish to me. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I'm by far and away not his biggest fan,,, but credit where its due,,, Batch on many many occasions looked for his partners and raced with his head and got his partners through many times or sat behind and blocked using track craft.  Didnt look selfish to me. 

Has he silently retired ? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, marko said:

at Ipswich last year he proved himself very much none of those - his form could be erratic and frustrating but he upped his average to about 7 - top bonus points scorer last year as well I think.

just checked top BP scorer by a long way for Ipswich and also the entire Prem

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

Batch’ form dipped right at the tail end of last season which is why he’s now on a 5 and a half point average because of the way the averages are now calculated. But if you look at the stats on the BSP website over the whole season including bonus points he comfortably averaged more than Riss. 

Similar to Cook, he’ll never be everybody’s cup of tea and if you’re expecting him to fight like a Tiger when he misses the gate then you’ll end up disappointed. But his gating is generally pretty good and I agree with Baldyman, when he’s in front his track craft and intelligence is superb in keeping faster riders behind him most of the time. He teamed up with Doyle in a few last heat 5-1’s that helped us pinch a few at the death last year as well. 

Never seen an attitude problem with him either. I appreciate others seem to have at various clubs in the past, but he’s had two stints as a Witch now and been good as gold both times. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Batch’ form dipped right at the tail end of last season which is why he’s now on a 5 and a half point average because of the way the averages are now calculated. But if you look at the stats on the BSP website over the whole season including bonus points he comfortably averaged more than Riss. 

Similar to Cook, he’ll never be everybody’s cup of tea and if you’re expecting him to fight like a Tiger when he misses the gate then you’ll end up disappointed. But his gating is generally pretty good and I agree with Baldyman, when he’s in front his track craft and intelligence is superb in keeping faster riders behind him most of the time. He teamed up with Doyle in a few last heat 5-1’s that helped us pinch a few at the death last year as well. 

Never seen an attitude problem with him either. I appreciate others seem to have at various clubs in the past, but he’s had two stints as a Witch now and been good as gold both times. 

I am recalling the comments of Doyle here when he said Ipswich was a well run club - perhaps fans of clubs that maybe have an issue with Batch need to consider IF their club was well run!

• Like 1

Was I imaging him pulling up constantly whilst at the back or pulling out of challenges?

1 hour ago, marko said:

Was I imaging him pulling up constantly whilst at the back or pulling out of challenges?

Saw him several times last season - he had a rich run of form from June-August where he was getting double figures every week at Foxhall. Saw him at the end of season at Sheffield he got 1, I think, loudly booed and gestured to by some Tigers fans - he just doesn't go well at Sheffield and his signing for them was probably a mistake!

I wont deny his end of season form wasn't good - playoff semi v's Belle Vue he was poor (but then again only Doyle had a decent playoffs for the Witches)  - as stated above though some of his riding at Foxhall was exceptionally good to protect team mates and he seemed pretty popular with the fans.

:t::lol:

Rew having a good meeting in Poland...

Cannot gate but definitely a talent on the bike...

Joe Thompson just been released by Scunthorpe due to numbers game

20 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

whoeever is doing the Facebook/twitter is doing a good job! :lol:

18 hours ago, mikebv said:

Rew having a good meeting in Poland...

Cannot gate but definitely a talent on the bike...

i think perservering sometimes is worth it and in his case i think it definitely is

Edited by GeneralMelchett