British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, Arthur73 said:

Would danyon's 25% reduction and Danny's 5% still be taken into account if we were to get some new riders in?

No

Initial declaration only 

Riss has definitely been a big miss, it's good to see he's back in the declared 1-7...

1 hour ago, BarryIsland said:

Dan Thompson is a quality reserve , the best rising star in the league .

He’s a fair bit behind Gilks IMHO 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4BM said:

He’s a fair bit behind Gilks IMHO 

And Jenkins. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BluPanther said:

Riss has definitely been a big miss, it's good to see he's back in the declared 1-7...

Has he though? Weren't much   cop last season until going down to reserve,, where his average increased to what it is now,,, 

Also I thought he is still suffering from blurred vision whilst racing,,, pretty dangerous I would have thought 

Edited by Baldyman

5 hours ago, BluPanther said:

He has you’re right, so Ipswich have been a little unlucky there. But even with a fit Riss I think we’re at the stage where we’ve got to accept we’ve ballsed the team building up below the top two unfortunately. 

Reading the comments from Redcar supporters Riss looked uncomfortable against Poole and still not his usual self so I’m unsure what difference his return will actually make. We’ll see. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

He has you’re right, so Ipswich have been a little unlucky there. But even with a fit Riss I think we’re at the stage where we’ve got to accept we’ve ballsed the team building up below the top two unfortunately. 

Reading the comments from Redcar supporters Riss looked uncomfortable against Poole and still not his usual self so I’m unsure what difference his return will actually make. We’ll see. 

It certainly looked a tad risky at the time, and your assessment is probably spot on...

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

The big balls up was putting King anywhere near this team, far to hit & miss last season & has proved so agin this 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BluPanther said:

It certainly looked a tad risky at the time, and your assessment is probably spot on...

12 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

The big balls up was putting King anywhere near this team, far to hit & miss last season & has proved so agin this 

I can see and understand the general feeling towards Danny but seems to me much being said is rather harsh

He is averaging around the same as his starting figure so isn't doing terribly. Granted it would've been hoped (perhaps expected) to rise 

Rew meanwhile is at least 2 points under expectation and just posted a zero at reserve 

That situation plus missing Riss is the root cause of the current position imo

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I can see and understand the general feeling towards Danny but seems to me much being said is rather harsh

He is averaging around the same as his starting figure so isn't doing terribly. Granted it would've been hoped (perhaps expected) to rise 

Rew meanwhile is at least 2 points under expectation and just posted a zero at reserve 

That situation plus missing Riss is the root cause of the current position imo

And losing jack Thomas pre season hasn’t helped. Danny is a real concern for me.  Whenever there is a pressure race he seems to crumble even if he gates he gets easily passed. Watching Redcar on Friday as I regularly do he failed to score in heats 13 and 15 and got passed on the last lap in the superheat by gating tart Richard Lawson thus giving Poole two league points  

danny has been a fantastic servant to the club and is probably the nicest man in speedway  it’s sad to see him struggling   
but it’s so frustrating to see him getting passed so easily and often by the opposition and yet a team mate often gets blocked by him as he is totally unaware of where his team mate is because he never ever looks til coming off the final bend  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

And losing jack Thomas pre season hasn’t helped. Danny is a real concern for me.  Whenever there is a pressure race he seems to crumble even if he gates he gets easily passed. Watching Redcar on Friday as I regularly do he failed to score in heats 13 and 15 and got passed on the last lap in the superheat by gating tart Richard Lawson thus giving Poole two league points  

danny has been a fantastic servant to the club and is probably the nicest man in speedway  it’s sad to see him struggling   
but it’s so frustrating to see him getting passed so easily and often by the opposition and yet a team mate often gets blocked by him as he is totally unaware of where his team mate is because he never ever looks til coming off the final bend  

I would certainly agree there. He has been in positions to do better and lost out (often quite tamely) and that justifiably adds to the frustrations and the validity of more negative opinions 

Nothing from with King, people expect each rider to win all races, he's dipping between achieving his average or slightly being above so is effectively doing his job.

He isn't getting any younger so you could expect him to maybe decline eventually, not everyone is like Hancock etc. 

Not many disagreed with the side at the start of the season 

Think with Riss back it will change the fortunes 

Rew was almost certainly always going to be a work in progress project whereby he needs to be given this season to get acclimatised as long as hes shown signs of improvement and potential to be competitiveness which he has.

King doesn't score enough as a 3rd heatleader for a team with serious title ambitions but its hard to see who they could get who would come in and start doing better.

Big mistake replacing one Thompson for the other because while Dans a step from Joe your only talking about an upgrade of 3pts a meeting on a good day. There were better options out there like Bailey, Rowe and local lad Kemp. While I understand why Louis may have reservations about Kemp cause we all do with his attitude and lack of aggression in tight situations he'd of almost certainly scored better than Dan Thompson. 

• Like 1