British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

... The coverage on TV is poor and comes nowhere near that which is streamed from Poland. Anyone who has not tried it, watch one Sunday afternoon/evening to see how it can/should be done. ...

The only bright spot on Eurosport is Nicholls, who is excellent.

Anyone who hasn't tried it, watch BSN - much better coverage than Eurosport has ever provided.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Anyone who hasn't tried it, watch BSN - much better coverage than Eurosport has ever provided.  

Much prefer their camera work - Scott is very good actually yes really grown into that kind of work

Edited by GeneralMelchett

I don’t like piling in when plenty of others are already at it but I’m finding Tatum almost impossible to listen to. He obviously doesn’t do it on purpose and he seems a decent fella, but the ums and ers grate badly. He’s always done it but never as bad as this when he was the co-commentator rather than the main man. 

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I don’t like piling in when plenty of others are already at it but I’m finding Tatum almost impossible to listen to. He obviously doesn’t do it on purpose and he seems a decent fella, but the ums and ers grate badly. He’s always done it but never as bad as this when he was the co-commentator rather than the main man. 

it really needs 2 in there to bounce off eachother - Nigel (a huge loss) was the main man too and its clear Tatum would probably be better going back to his role of the co-commentator. It seems odd just having him do it and he probably (still) feels a bit lost withouit Nigel. At least at the GPs he has Chris and there is 2 of them.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Sad I know but after a 100 umm ahh i stopped counting. After 20 years of doing the job he is awful. 
however Scott is absolutely brilliant 

41 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah it don't work without a side kick and he struggles on his own, and has the odd bit of brain fade now and then like last night when he called Jason Sedgmen Jason Lyons during a heat, he quickly corrected himself tho tbf 

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Haven’t had the best of luck to be fair, Jack Thomas at RS and a fit Riss would have made a difference for sure, but I’m still not convinced it would have been good enough.

I've read many commenting on Ipswich being unlucky losing Thomas, but there were rising stars just as strong as him available (Kemp, Rowe) but for whatever reason they chose to go elsewhere. That's when I'll no longer call it bad luck, but poor team building.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Happy to second that BSN is much better than Eurosport.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Happy to second that BSN is much better than Eurosport.

Yeah BSN is way better then Eurosport and this is only their second full season running whereas Eurosport have been doing it yrs, chalk and cheese 

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I've read many commenting on Ipswich being unlucky losing Thomas, but there were rising stars just as strong as him available (Kemp, Rowe) but for whatever reason they chose to go elsewhere. That's when I'll no longer call it bad luck, but poor team building.

It’s still bad luck because they chose Jack Thomas and lost him before a wheel was turned. That doesn’t change, it remains unlucky. 

I agree on the subsequent choices to replace him though, awful. 

Watching Riss last night was a worry… how long will he be at 6.14 in the averages? Do Ipswich need to cash in and replace him soon so they have more to play with? Although realise there probably isn’t a lot out there… 

2 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Yeah BSN is way better then Eurosport and this is only their second full season running whereas Eurosport have been doing it yrs, chalk and cheese 

Certainly is. BSN is run by speedway fans which makes a big difference. I emailed Eurosport the other week. Was disappointed they weren't showing the German GP live and mentioned some points about their Premiership coverage. Probably a waste of an email but hopefully if more people get in touch they may take notice. 

3 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Yeah it don't work without a side kick and he struggles on his own, and has the odd bit of brain fade now and then like last night when he called Jason Sedgmen Jason Lyons during a heat, he quickly corrected himself tho tbf 

They need to get a main commentator in, Kelvin is a great analyst but is not quite good enough to be the main man. 

Also, whenever they throw down to the pits for an interview nothings ready and Abi interviewed Laguta who's English wasn't great and has interviewed someone who's going out in the next heat before! 

Just watched last nights Eurosport meeting, Riss just looked exactly like Bellego when Sheffield rode there, so tentative going into bend one,  I don’t think he’s gonna be the answer to solve Ipswich’s engine room issues away or at Foxhall 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It’s still bad luck because they chose Jack Thomas and lost him before a wheel was turned. That doesn’t change, it remains unlucky. 

I agree on the subsequent choices to replace him though, awful. 

Poole also lost Thomas but signed up Rowe straight away. And he's increased his average riding at 2.!!

• Like 1