British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure why he's laughing, his team are on a winning streak but still have very little chance at all of the top 4!

Whilst there is the slightest chance there is always hope for Ipswich,although it is very slim.

Have to agree with you about Louis laughing though,if he wasn't laughing and made changes to his team instead a month or so ago he could have been laughing at those chasing Ipswich for a play off spot.

Riss should have gone when he wasn't right he was on about a 6pt average,now he is below a 5.

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure why he's laughing, his team are on a winning streak but still have very little chance at all of the top 4!

Ipswich are on a winning streak if I am right they can get 37 points only Belle Vue are safe on 38.I think the pressure is on Sheffield wolves and Leicester to get there.If lpswich get in the play offs I fancy them to win 

46 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Ipswich are on a winning streak if I am right they can get 37 points only Belle Vue are safe on 38.I think the pressure is on Sheffield wolves and Leicester to get there.If lpswich get in the play offs I fancy them to win 

Hope they get to the play offs and ride against the Aces..

Be great to watch Emil again at the NSS..

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Sheffield got to fit in 9 meetings? We're a week into August. Would be funny if it was a wet month and they didn't make the playoffs because they didn't fit their meetings in on time

11 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Be careful what you wish for it would be different Ipswich what turns up they could turn you over 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Be careful what you wish for it would be different Ipswich what turns up they could turn you over 

So be it...

Be good to watch either way...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, r8gdp said:

36, and to do that they MUST win at Wolves. So the pressure is on Ipswich.

Leicester and Wolves will get 5 points to share between them in the B fixtures and matches against Lynn and P'boro offer further opportunities for points.

The most plausible route to qualification is Sheffield failing to complete their fixtures. As it stands they have 2 dates to arrange and not a single Monday or Thursday available to them until after the cut-off deadline (unless it is extended again).

47 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I think it would take a Leicester (Bates) win at Sheffield (Bates) during the qualifying meetings to keep Ipswich out, it’s that close. Play off meetings can be so financially rewarding. 

No Emil return I’m afraid. 

So on to KL at home on Thursday then… do we think Artem will show up? I think probably not, but happy to be surprised ;)

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

36, and to do that they MUST win at Wolves. So the pressure is on Ipswich.

Leicester and Wolves will get 5 points to share between them in the B fixtures and matches against Lynn and P'boro offer further opportunities for points.

The most plausible route to qualification is Sheffield failing to complete their fixtures. As it stands they have 2 dates to arrange and not a single Monday or Thursday available to them until after the cut-off deadline (unless it is extended again).

I had this down as Ipswich either just squeezing into the playoffs or missing out by a point - it hinges really on Leicester and them winning at Peterborough and beating either Sheffield or Wolves at home! Given their performance at Wolves last night i still think they will just manage it - but whilst it is possible then the Witches need to go all out and try to qualify.

I think Sheffield will win enough home matches to see them through - although I hadn't considered they wouldnt finish all the fixtures in time before the cut off.

6 minutes ago, MP78 said:

So on to KL at home on Thursday then… do we think Artem will show up? I think probably not, but happy to be surprised ;)

I hope he does as I want to see some races between him and Emil! This could be the vfirst home win when i have attended this season for the Witches too!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

25 minutes ago, ouch said:

I think it would take a Leicester (Bates) win at Sheffield (Bates) during the qualifying meetings to keep Ipswich out, it’s that close. Play off meetings can be so financially rewarding. 

No Emil return I’m afraid. 

No return next season? 

Not sure about that if he's not in the GP's again I don't see why he wouldn't ride in England next season

4 minutes ago, blue witch said:

No return next season? 

Not sure about that if he's not in the GP's again I don't see why he wouldn't ride in England next season

I think you have misunderstood this statement. I believe it means no return to ride at Belle Vue this season.

7 minutes ago, blue witch said:

No return next season? 

It was in reply to Mike’s question about whether he’d return for this year’s playoffs.

I definitely think you’ll return next year which is great.

52 minutes ago, ouch said:

It was in reply to Mike’s question about whether he’d return for this year’s playoffs.

I definitely think you’ll return next year which is great.

Well he could always be a guest:D

Never know with this funny sport all we can do is win at least 3 of the remaining fixtures to put any pressure on. Can't see us winning at wolves unless Erik is flying to help the top 2