British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Louis will have them fired up for that Wolves meeting and in the words of Kelv, there’s no doubt about that. 

Would be nice to go in to the final fixture at home to Leicester with a possibility of still squeezing in. 

Cant see Ipswich  catching the other four ...unless they slip up big time ...

18 hours ago, Arthur73 said:

I think if Ipswich win all the rest of their meetings the most likely team they can beat to the playoffs is Wolverhampton at the moment. I think Leicester and Sheffield will be safe on current form even if they don't complete all of their meetings.

Ipswich will go onto 36 points if they win all their meetings.

Wolves remaining meetings and predicted points: Leicester (A) 0 ; Ipswich (H) 0 ; Sheffield (A) 0 ; Sheffield (H) 2 ; Peterborough (A) 3 ; Leicester (H) 2 ; Sheffield (A) 0 

I think this is a pretty plausible set of results and would put Wolverhampton on 36 too. I don't know what the situation is with teams on the same points, but if Peterborough get a surprise win or Leicester or Sheffield win away it would mean Ipswich qualify.

Wolves won't lose at home to Ipswich.... I hope 

25 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Wolves won't lose at home to Ipswich.... I hope 

They will need to ride better than they have the last 2 home meetings...its an important  match which they can win ...

Cant see us making the play offs we left it too long to replace Riss though good to see he might be coming into some form at last

I for one hope Emil is back.......the guy apart from being sensational to watch has been such a signing for all other reasons.....seems to enjoy riding for us....his commitment has been 150% and im biased but he has been the leagues best rider by some way in my opinion. Also after EVERY meeting the guy is the last out of the pits signing for fans and having pictures and often still in his kevlars long after others have gone

I also want to say what a credit the Thompson family are .....when Joe was with us his dad often lets the kids sit on the bike and wheels them around and has continued that with Dan....wonderful family and i hope Dan feels at home with us

If possible i want the following back and build around them

Emil , Doyle , Riss (surely a low average to exploit) and Dan Thompson

King and Hume although good servants (and Danyon is a smashing lad another who is there for the fans after meetings) maybe need to move on and Rew hasnt kicked on at all like i thought he might after his maximum against Peterborough (yes i know they are shocking but thought he might get better after that score)

Edited by Gavan

26 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Cant see us making the play offs we left it too long to replace Riss though good to see he might be coming into some form at last

I for one hope Emil is back.......the guy apart from being sensational to watch has been such a signing for all other reasons.....seems to enjoy riding for us....his commitment has been 150% and im biased but he has been the leagues best rider by some way in my opinion. Also after EVERY meeting the guy is the last out of the pits signing for fans and having pictures and often still in his kevlars long after others have gone

I also want to say what a credit the Thompson family are .....when Joe was with us his dad often lets the kids sit on the bike and wheels them around and has continued that with Dan....wonderful family and i hope Dan feels at home with us

King and Hume although good servants (and Danyon is a smashing lad another who is there for the fans after meetings) maybe need to move on and Rew hasnt kicked on at all like i thought he might after his maximum against Peterborough (yes i know they are shocking but thought he might get better after that score)

Sadly you don't see that enough these days.

29 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Emil , Doyle  for sure next season. Riss maybe depending on how he performs for the rest of this season. After investing in Rew this year he has got to come back as I think there is a great rider in there. Although all that depends on league structure for next year, that might not allow for riders like Emil & Doyle.

King certainly needs a year away

I would 100% keep Doyle, Emil, Rew and Dan T. 
I can only see Rew getting better after a years experience in England. Plus Dan is still so young and improving all the time - how could you not being around the top 2?!

Would love to see a gamble on another young rider or 2 from Europe - surely Louis is able to tap up a couple of fresh talents with all his SGP and SGP2 work? 

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

They will need to ride better than they have the last 2 home meetings...its an important  match which they can win ...

Pete will have them fired up...

#comeon

36 minutes ago, MP78 said:

Would love to see a gamble on another young rider or 2 from Europe - surely Louis is able to tap up a couple of fresh talents with all his SGP and SGP2 work? 

Maybe if he knew who they were.... :blink:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Still very long odds. To win all the remaining fixtures is not likely. We’d already be safely in them without the Riss issue as we’ve lost a lot of tight meeting when he hasn’t contributed anything but that’s done and dusted now so no point going over it. He’s showing signs lately that he’s getting a bit of his old form back so if that continues, we’ll win the majority (not all) of our remaining meetings. Gonna be a case of “what if” this year unfortunately. A season having the best two riders in the league (one on a clearly bargain average) wasted. 

Let’s face it, IF Ipswich win their remaining matches to reach the play offs no other teams will beat them in the play offs.

If that happens good luck! (Except when at Wolves)!

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Let’s face it, IF Ipswich win their remaining matches to reach the play offs no other teams will beat them in the play offs.

If that happens good luck! (Except when at Wolves)!

I'll have to disagree on that, Ipswich still look the weakest of the top 5 teams imo. Can't see them beating Belle Vue over 2 legs if they somehow made the play-offs.

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'll have to disagree on that, Ipswich still look the weakest of the top 5 teams imo. Can't see them beating Belle Vue over 2 legs if they somehow made the play-offs.

I’d fancy us to be honest if we snuck in, all depends on Riss. We lost the aggregate in the latest round of fixtures with Belle Vue  by 10 with Riss scoring a single point in each fixture. A modest 6 point return in both fixtures would have squared it up on aggregate, very tight. We’ve carried him all year due to his health problems and only Louis knows why he hasn’t done anything about it but it certainly looks like it’s cost us. Last couple of meetings he’s looked better (although not that great for Redcar last night) and he has an opportunity to gain more confidence against a weakened Kings Lynn this evening. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’d fancy us to be honest if we snuck in, all depends on Riss. We lost the aggregate in the latest round of fixtures with Belle Vue  by 10 with Riss scoring a single point in each fixture. A modest 6 point return in both fixtures would have squared it up on aggregate, very tight. We’ve carried him all year due to his health problems and only Louis knows why he hasn’t done anything about it but it certainly looks like it’s cost us. Last couple of meetings he’s looked better (although not that great for Redcar last night) and he has an opportunity to gain more confidence against a weakened Kings Lynn this evening. 

If you get to the plays off I also think you stand a very good chance the team is on a good run Emil and Doyle the best top 2 in the league always a big advantage for heats 13 and 15 .Think Sheffield could be the team to miss out .Tonight’s meeting is a must win .Losing Holder could be very costly,Woffinden is probably the best replacement going and it will interesting to see how he goes at Sheffield tonight.Looks like it’s going to be a good day weather wise here today so will probably pop down to see how he gets on 

• Like 1

Interesting looking at the rider averages over all 2023 meetings. 

Home Doyle 11.00 GSA 10.50.   Emil 10.53 GSA 9.80

Away Doyle 8.63 GSA 7.84.   Emil 10.90 GSA 10.35

Just shows how dominant Doyle is around Foxhall whilst struggling a little by his standards away, whilst Emil has been slightly better away from Foxhall but dominant just about everywhere!

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I honestly think Ipswich's I only chance is if Sheffield don't complete their home fixtures. I'd say Ipswich would have a fair chance over Wolves or Leicester, but Belle Vue look likely to finish top.

Since I dislike play-offs to decide league titles, I'd be quite delighted if a team that finished 5th (4th at cut-off date) won the league :rofl:

• Haha 1