British Speedway Forum
piepower

Electric speedway the future??

While i realise it could be very dangerous posting this on here. Id like you to watch video first before commenting about there is no noise no smell its not speedway. Yes it isnt the same and probably never will be , however its hard to get away from all the positive notes i bring to the table with this video. I posted a scene on tiktok a platform where the age is 15-25 most used and got nearly 100k views! this is the same crowd we are missing right now in speedway. Dont think of it as a replacement this of it as a addition for people to get into speedway and hopefully it will make more riders, Have a watch anyway then give your opinions you can put NS for noise and smell if you want but then i want you to put one positive comment that youve seen and has maybe opened your eyes a little bit. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that. I cannot understand why anyone would want to leave negative comments. I really appreciate what is being done here.  Engine noise certainly doesn’t mix within communities, hence all the opposition to speedway tracks. New tracks just don’t get approval anywhere near houses, and what we have all seen at Swindon where a community was virtually built on top of a track…it was easily seen by all that the speedway  racing was going to disappear, and it has. These machine give access to younger ones, give them a start to into speedway, at relatively low cost, the power can be increase easily by software on a mobile phone, so gradual increases are available at any time without large cost increases in changing engine. Great for the times we are living in, and I can’t wait to see how it all develops.

• Like 6

i think that this is the way to go

it will open up more venues and potentially some indoor venues

lets hope that this succeeds, and speedway might then have a long-term future, especially if they can sort out some form of artificial surface to race on so that temporary venues could be used

• Like 5

For anyone wanting to start out, it seems ideal without the huge ongoing costs. If you had enough people using the bikes, it could be a good addition to a meeting and perhaps that is what speedway needs, the main event with other disciplines alongside. Fortnightly meetings that are more a festival rather than just fifteen heats and then get on your way. As it stands speedway in the U.K. needs to try something new and innovative or simply die a slow death as is the case for the top tier of the sport. A meeting should be an event not an endurance test for the punters.

• Like 6

Great innovation - if this is the only way forward to ensure the future of Speedway - I'm all for it.

Tiimes change, and so, sadly, must we.

I would, of course, miss the noise, as I already miss the smell.

• Like 1

I posted this a year ago. But tbh i have no idea what happened to the Danish plans for this year

• Like 1

ironically I think it is ideal for starting out whether it will replace existing engines is another matter however it may  help reduce cost by giving engine tuners /riders a wakeup call .A possible  option  for  tracks close to housing( ironically I often hear householders actually moan about PA/music between races rather than the bikes  ) or possible indoor use as has been said  .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 3

Great idea, it would bring the sport right up to date, surely attract a younger audience and would fit in with the 'green agenda'. 

I would have thought that the bikes would be more evenly matched as well, so the racing could improve.

Would love it to be trialled after matches next season when possible and slowly integrated into the mainstream sport if it catches on (maybe open meetings to start with)

Edited by Garry1603
  • Like 3

Never work...

The BSP would not be able to source enough extention leads long enough...

And even if they did, they would inevitably all get tangled up by the end of lap four....

;):D

No doubt it is the future, so no doubt the BSP won't do anything with it...

The real opportunity is to source 8 per team and just run then with box standard kit...

Move the sport back to ground zero and start again afresh....

Would give a whole new meaning to "Ohm" advantage. ... :D

I'll get me coat....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Never work...

The BSP would not be able to source enough extention leads long enough...

And even if they did, they would inevitably all get tangled up by the end of lap four....

;):D

No doubt it is the future, so no doubt the BSP won't do anything with it...

The real opportunity is to source 8 per team and just run then with box standard kit...

Move the sport back to ground zero and start again afresh....

Would give a whole new meaning to "Ohm" advantage. ... :D

I'll get me coat....

The sad thing is that it could just add another dimension to the racing but the dinosaurs who are in charge really fail to get to grips with the mood of the punters and prefer a ‘take it or leave it’ scenario. Maybe this is the opportunity to start an alternative league to replace the NFL and let those at the Isle of Wight take the initiative and run it thereby offering something different on a U k wide basis. Machines that do not inflict noise pollution and riders who have a level platform in terms of bikes and hence rider skills may come to the fore.

It may seem odd but I would prefer to watch Riders on machines  that rely on the skills of the racer rather than the power of the machines used by the gate and fly merchants who hang on for dear life to a powerful bike that most have trouble controlling and races/heats that are processional because it all depends on who has the deepest pockets to throw cash at the machine to make it goes faster.

Put those guys on a level playing field and let’s see just how good some of the rides really are.

it will not sit well with many but the sport needs so much change to survive and something like this offers a faint glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel rather than a train coming the opposite way. 

BSPL please wake up and anyone who cannot face up to the issues should walk away now.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

Maybe this is the opportunity to start an alternative league to replace the NFL 

I think that is great idea with the riders having to reach a certain standard before they are  allowed to race conventional machines .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 1

Deleted.

Edited by Sotonian
found answer in video clip.

E speedway are testing in the Czech republic

https://www.motolbc.cz/2022/09/ecka-na-tomickove-memorialu/

On 9/30/2022 at 9:34 PM, FAST GATER said:

I think that is great idea with the riders having to reach a certain standard before they are  allowed to race conventional machines .

Now that is a good idea! 

On 9/30/2022 at 5:40 PM, mikebv said:

No doubt it is the future, so no doubt the BSP won't do anything with it..

They spent all their money on Gerhard engines, so have got nothing left to invest in these....because Gerhards were the way forward too, back in the day.