British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw GP Saturday May 13th 2023

I not a Jack fan but he was robbed tonight, shame.                 
Whilst in the past most were applauding Zmarzliks genius, I always reckoned he was verging on wreckless. For two years he has had an easy passage, put under pressure, like tonight, and the wreckless Zmarzlik might come to the surface and be more noticeable. I just hope none of his opponents get injured.        
If it’s Freddie that is going to take it to Zmarzlik then I am happy with that. Even more so if Freddie come out as winner. He deserves it, always a trier. But he needs some backup.          
Disappointed with Leon Madsen. I know he been carrying a back injury last couple years. If he has had surgery maybe it’s not worked and it’s affecting his performance.

• Like 2

The biggest Homer referee of all time. Zmarzlik should have been excluded. Race should have been awarded. Holder and Doyle both robbed. Referee lost his bottle The speedway world is intimidated by Poland. When they say jump the rest of speedway says how high! 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I not a Jack fan but he was robbed tonight, shame.                 
Whilst in the past most were applauding Zmarzliks genius, I always reckoned he was verging on wreckless. For two years he has had an easy passage, put under pressure, like tonight, and the wreckless Zmarzlik might come to the surface and be more noticeable. I just hope none of his opponents get injured.        
If it’s Freddie that is going to take it to Zmarzlik then I am happy with that. Even more so if Freddie come out as winner. He deserves it, always a trier. But he needs some backup.          
Disappointed with Leon Madsen. I know he been carrying a back injury last couple years. If he has had surgery maybe it’s not worked and it’s affecting his performance.

We must be watching different rider Bart  is already one of the greatest riders this sport has seen !

2 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

Can't agree Bart  is reckless  but spot on about him being genius on a bike

Doyle has been reckless for most of his career IMO

Doyle makes some really bad decisions and can be very reckless but was on the receiving end of a few naughty ones early on.

Zmarzlik has been lucky not to seriously hurt himself or anyone else because 99/100 times he pulls that same move and people move out of the way…knowing they’ll get wiped out otherwise.

he’s not been out under pressure for a while and I have a feeling that won’t be the first flash point his year 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DJC said:

Doyle makes some really bad decisions and can be very reckless but was on the receiving end of a few naughty ones early on.

Zmarzlik has been lucky not to seriously hurt himself or anyone else because 99/100 times he pulls that same move and people move out of the way…knowing they’ll get wiped out otherwise.

he’s not been out under pressure for a while and I have a feeling that won’t be the first flash point his year 

Can't agree about Bart just marvel at his skill and speed always feel Doyle is just a bully ! 

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Glad Holder slammed the door shut though and hopefully a few of the others will not just wave him past like they have done for a while

You make a good point here. You know, you can always choose to stay on and race like Zmarzlik did in the re run when Jack slammed the door. You don't always have to go for the swan dive.

Zmarzlik had a tyre width lead and Doyle puts his arm on his leg. Glad the referee actually watched it multiple times as I hate the notion that a rider passing another up the inside is always at fault.

If Doyle actually concedes the corner, that he arrived at second, chances are Zmarzlik drifts up and he cuts back under him and secures 3rd place, but he gambled and lost this time.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, DJC said:

Noticeable that he tried it a few times, however, on such a small track he wasnt able to generate the speed he usually does on the bigger circuits for him to line up his "signature move"...

The "bend three dive bomb" where he basically rides his opponents (who lift their leg up out of the way), up the track deep into bend four..

Doyle, Lindgren and Madsen are the three riders who seem to he able to stay strong and prevent him forcing them out...

The rest all take evasive action and surrender position...

Holder tonight showed some steel of his own, so maybe he too will now be less intimidated..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Noticeable that he tried it a few times, however, on such a small track he wasnt able to generate the speed he usually does on the bigger circuits for him to line up his "signature move"...

The "bend three dive bomb" where he basically rides his opponents (who lift their leg up out of the way), up the track deep into bend four..

Doyle, Lindgren and Madsen are the three riders who seem to he able to stay strong and prevent him forcing them out...

The rest all take evasive action and surrender position...

Holder tonight showed some steel of his own, so maybe he too will now be less intimidated..

This track and next one are not great for Bart but after Prague he should be able kick on then !

Freddie has 'gained' 11 Championship Points (36) v Race Points (25)

Bartosz has 'gained' 8 Championship points (36) v Race Points (28)

Top Race Points scorer Doyle (29) has 28 Championship points.

20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Freddie has 'gained' 11 Championship Points (36) v Race Points (25)

Bartosz has 'gained' 8 Championship points (36) v Race Points (28)

Top Race Points scorer Doyle (29) has 28 Championship points.

I always preferred the points you score being the points you get, getting in a final on 8 and being awarded 20 if you win it is a joke 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, screm said:

Polish rider. Polish crowd, Polish stadium.

No more to say.

Bullrubbish. Doyle did what Neymar is famous of. 

1 hour ago, DJC said:

Watch it again and tell me Zmarzlik made Doyle to lay. WATCH IT AGAIN WITH NO BIAS

• Haha 1

Just now, Falubaz said:

Watch it again and tell me Zmarzlik made Doyle to lay. WATCH IT AGAIN WITH NO BIAS

Took him out. 
throttle works both ways and you can’t force gaps.
Tell me Doyle wouldn’t have been excluded if he’d done that to Zmarzlik! Not about bias it’s about consistency, and for the record I think Doyley’s an absolute helmet on and off the track 

• Like 2

Speedway IS NOT a contact sport despite what Greg Hancock said, so either Bartek knocked JD off or Doyley turned in on him... for me Doyley did not turn in on Bartek.

Good result for Holder 2000th of a second to grab 2nd, with those kind of margins I wonder if the difference in length between the edge of the front tyre and the transponder could decide a result? (Although I realise not so on this occasion)

Edited by iainb