British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Ipswich Play off semi 2nd leg 3 Oct

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Nope, seems like a lawyer got involved and proved that the management committee can't interpret their own rulebook properly. 

Seeing as they haven't been fot for purpose for years that's hardly a surprise.

Agree. The rule makers should of hired someone competent to write the rulebook in the first  place.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Belle Vue believed the rules allowed them a replacement a lawyer proved it.  

I suspect it was more likely that a lawyer proved that the rules couldn't be proven to disallow them a replacement rather than proving they allowed them one.

• Like 5

Wouldn't be too happy if I was a fan of another team in the play offs but this is British Speedway and riders turn out for all and sundry during the season so why not now anyway its only a game.:)

48 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

010.3.1 Cut Off Date No team changes will be allowed after 28th August with the effective date being 31st August. Except riders returning to the team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA, with their replacement being released. The BSPA Directors monitor all proposed moves and have the sole responsibility to approve all re-declared teams, having been satisfied they are in the best interests of the sport. 

Where does this imply that Belle Vue are allowed to make a team change

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TINYS said:

Don't bother me but how is that right.

How is it wrong? Belle Vue have a rider out and have replace with another rider that has a lower average really is as simple as that. Speedway is such a simple concept made complicated by to many rules

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

You seem to have forgotten the rulebook is on the SCB website and anyone read it.  The rulebook can be ambiguous - in this case I wouldn't say it was.  The cut-off deadline is quite clear, while any reference to long-term injuries as in regards to how many times you can make changes within the transfer window. 

Belle Vue Speedway are a credit to the sport, while Robert Lambert is a terrific rider, but there's a rulebook to be followed. This is the equivalent of Man City signing Messi just for the Champions League final and makes speedway look stupid.

And all promotions would've sat at the AGM and agreed that this is what was meant by by the regulation and signed it off including Belle Vue

The fact that some lawyer has perhaps found a loophole in how it is drafted doesn't change the intention

The other factor could be cost - had the BSPL contested how many thousands more would've been drained from the sport given Belle Vues decision to "go legal"

Perhaps the monetary cost even to be successful in defending the decision just couldn't be justified

Shame on Belle Vue (and may every plague on biblical proportions befall you ;):P)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I suspect it was more likely that a lawyer proved that the rules couldn't be proven to disallow them a replacement rather than proving they allowed them one.

Nail on head I'd say.

11 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Probably, but adds up to the same thing

53 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

How delusional, hiring a lawyer to win a league with no value

• Like 1

Breaking news..... Kwasi Kwarteng to take over as Chair of BSPL......

1 hour ago, MARK246 said:

How delusional, hiring a lawyer to win a league with no value

Worst post ever, if it's got no value why the hell you here commenting on it.

Edited by SUPERACE
Spelling

2 hours ago, blue witch said:

Complete joke. Witches out anyway so doesn't matter to them but Sheffield/Wolves I'd appeal. Problem with British speedway changing the rules all the time when it suits 

Wolves won't have a leg to stand on.  They did exactly the same thing in 2016 with Woffinden. 

Looks like Matt Fords lawyer  is guesting for BV these days :)

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Whose lawyer was it? Discovery Sports Events?!

At least when Poole brought Greg Hancock in in 2013 it was early August before the cut-off!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Would be one of the biggest chokes in sport if Belle Vue don’t win it now 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1