British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Ipswich Play off semi 2nd leg 3 Oct

I do not see what all the fuss is about. It is merely a like for like signing, with one rider having a lower average than the one he replaces, FFS. As for the title being already in the bag, ask our potential opponents the same question. We have not signed Bartos Zmarzlik, and let us not forget RL has not ridden in UK for a few seasons now.

• Like 2

Has any of the official announcements mentioned how they have managed to get Lambert signed given "the rules"?

It would be good to know maybe?

I don't give 2 s#!+s about British Speedway as a competition any more, at least there could be a challenger so Doyle's not going through the card unchallenged tonight.

I just hope Sheffield make the final, will be better meetings than Monmore. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

I think the ruling regarding the transfer deadline is worded almost exactly the same. It's been about for years, the only bit that has changed is the date. At one point it was mid-September, now it's the end of August. It's the only relevant rule that applies in such cases.

Making more than 2 changes because of long-term injury between 25% to 75% makes no odds now - we're no longer in that window!

Interesting. That's yet another interpretation. I was thinking that it is saying you can make changes outside the transfer window for long-term injuries but, yes, you could be correct that it means you can only make more than 2 if you have a long-term injury.

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Interesting. That's yet another interpretation. I was thinking that it is saying you can make changes outside the transfer window for long-term injuries but, yes, you could be correct that it means you can only make more than 2 if you have a long-term injury.

It’s all about interpretation, as with all Speedway Rules it depends which Promotion is interpreting them.

• Like 1

The only thing to learn from this, is the 'team' spirit at belle vue must be bad  if Lemon doesnt believe his six and Klint can beat Ipswich 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, one of clubs said:

I do not see what all the fuss is about. It is merely a like for like signing, with one rider having a lower average than the one he replaces, FFS. As for the title being already in the bag, ask our potential opponents the same question. We have not signed Bartos Zmarzlik, and let us not forget RL has not ridden in UK for a few seasons now.

Forgot about that,Robert will be up against tonight not having ridden here since he won the Speedway of Nations.!!!

Hopefully he has improved.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Actually, I've just realised that if you read rule 12.2 as it is written, the transfer window doesn't actually allow any transfers at all for proven long-term injury. "This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury."

Sheffield and Wolves should get a lawyer onto that one!

What does “this” refer to?

14 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Ouch !

38 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Let’s not clutch at straws here, Belle Vue have well and truly smashed the transfer window rule to smithereens. 
Lambert is riding contrary to the regulations.

Ipswich should ride under protest, and not be afraid to explain why in front of the TV cameras.

Well, I think Chris Louis would be in a position do that wouldn’t he?

Not sure what the fuss is about. As a tie it is over, the Aces are through so just treat it like an individual meeting (ignore who is wearing what race jacket) and hopefully you will see some good races with those who turn up and hopefully all come through unscathed.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NSS1 said:

think we can class Lemmo now with Middleditch & Adams has pulling master strokes in getting class riders in play/offs :rofl::t: jumped up  in my estimation :t:

Usually you would say if Belle Vue win the league it would be in spite of Lemon!

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Robert is on 7.61 and Max 8.55

So Kurtz is @#1 tonight?

15 minutes ago, ouch said:

What does “this” refer to?

That there Premiership Transfer Window what opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and then closes again when 75% of League fixtures are complete.

54 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Let’s not clutch at straws here, Belle Vue have well and truly smashed the transfer window rule to smithereens. 
Lambert is riding contrary to the regulations.

Ipswich should ride under protest, and not be afraid to explain why in front of the TV cameras.

Unlikely as Ipswich had no issue with it last week