British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Redcar v Poole 7th Oct 2022. K O Cup Final First Leg

No meeting at Poole tonight because we want the second leg of the KO Cup. Have to try and win something this year in front of the fans. 

Following week is Leicester on the Friday, away in the Saturday, then the Jubilee Final to end the season.  COULD IT JUST BE Leicester home and away again? 

Glasgow failing to ride at Plymouth and failing to ride the final of the JC at home is pretty poor to be honest.

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I see that Poole have no fixture at home tonight  - 5th October !!  

Tempting fate at the a**e end of the season with weather very changeable to not attempt to run a meeting on every available date.  British Speedway at its finest - all the trophies usually end up presented covered in muck.  Hottest summer on record since records began and still riding the top meetings in early winter on wet tracks.

Poole want the second leg at least once I suspect! Was supposed to have it Vs Plymouth and Glasgow, but didn't work out that way.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No meeting at Poole tonight because we want the second leg of the KO Cup. Have to try and win something this year in front of the fans. 

Following week is Leicester on the Friday, away in the Saturday, then the Jubilee Final to end the season.  COULD IT JUST BE Leicester home and away again? 

Glasgow failing to ride at Plymouth and failing to ride the final of the JC at home is pretty poor to be honest.

Glasgow at Plymouth next Tues according to the podcast I listened to today.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Next Tuesday 11th has been announced for over a week for the Plymouth v Glasgow fixture - assuming there are enough guests available.

Had crossed my mind too why there is no meeting tonight when the weather is dry. There aren't many weeks left!

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Had crossed my mind too why there is no meeting tonight when the weather is dry. There aren't many weeks left!

Interesting, I definitely saw some rain today! 

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I see that Poole have no fixture at home tonight  - 5th October !!  

Tempting fate at the a**e end of the season with weather very changeable to not attempt to run a meeting on every available date.  British Speedway at its finest - all the trophies usually end up presented covered in muck.  Hottest summer on record since records began and still riding the top meetings in early winter on wet tracks.

Who do you suggest we play 

5 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Could have had the first leg of the KO cup final against Redcar.

Could have had the Jubilee final if the 2 other clubs had agreed!!!!

• Like 2

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Could have had the Jubilee final if the 2 other clubs had agreed!!!!

Why should they. 

50 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting, I definitely saw some rain today! 

Fair enough, was referring to the weather this evening. You had much today? 

Been done to death but we shouldn't be crowding finals into October.

32 minutes ago, lewy said:

Why should they. 

Why shouldn't they, everyone harping on about know meeting tonight , Leicester and Glasgow not riding anywhere 

Edited by Arthur54

14 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Why shouldn't they, everyone harping on about know meeting tonight , Leicester and Glasgow not riding anywhere 

2 Leicester riders are ,so why would they agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Because of Pooles level of entitlement that they should always have the 2nd leg 

2 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Because of Pooles level of entitlement that they should always have the 2nd leg 

What like the quarter finals,what like the semi finals,What like the final 

Edited by Arthur54
  • Like 2