British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

woke up with flu-like symptoms it would seem. Maybe also affected his below-par scores for Sheffield?!  Scotty scored 9 points for Oxford at both Leicester and Poole in their league fixtures.

Good point. Not stronger then..

Even though obviously I really want Poole to win, I'd feel bad for Bates if he had 2 teams who finished first and didn't manage to win either playoffs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Jealous of Poole your having a laugh if you win great you deserve it but I hope you get battered just to put people like you back in your box nothing against there management or riders just supporters like you who act like it’s a divine right. That you win every tournament if it wasn’t for every other team you wouldn’t have anyone to race against as i say cmon Leicester.

In it to win it! is the Poole mantra. Always has been and always will. Most times it works, sometimes it doesn't - thats sport!

You can only race whats put in front of you, whether its a full 1-7 or a few guests. COYP.

You must admit though some fans on here really think it’s there divine right that Poole win everything there is no doubting there team is very good, no doubting they put together great teams every season and they should be applauded for that but you do not need to belittle other teams and if that didn’t happen there would not be a thread saying why does everyone hate Poole there isn’t a thread for any other team like that so ask yourself why and the only reason I can think is jealousy which I’m not because they have 6 brilliant riders and a lad who they have stuck with all season which they should be applauded for so then it must be because of some fans and I mean some fans not all as I say if Poole win fair play and it’s up to everyone else to up there game next season but I want Leicester to win as they finished top of the league and to put a couple of people back in there box may the best team win. You were not one of the fans I was on about skidder.

Edited by Mike0310

3 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

You must admit though some fans on here really think it’s there divine right that Poole win everything there is no doubting there team is very good, no doubting they put together great teams every season and they should be applauded for that but you do not need to belittle other teams and if that didn’t happen there would not be a thread saying why does everyone hate Poole there isn’t a thread for any other team like that so ask yourself why and the only reason I can think is jealousy which I’m not because they have 6 brilliant riders and a lad who they have stuck with all season which they should be applauded for so then it must be because of some fans and I mean some fans not all as I say if Poole win fair play and it’s up to everyone else to up there game next season but I want Leicester to win as they finished top of the league and to put a couple of people back in there box may the best team win. You were not one of the fans I was on about skidder.

.....and breathe!

Recent history (ie 20 years or so excluding the odd one or two) has seen Poole success leading to more success no matter what league they are in.

Some if not all fans have come to expect it, just as with most clubs there are fans that want to see great, close racing and some that simply want their team to rack up 5-1s consistently!  You can't please everyone all the time.

Forums like this one allow fans of all types and clubs to give their opinions, however biased (or baited) they may appear to others - its what forums are for.

As for the 'most hated' stuff, Poole fans know that and Middlo often publicly quotes it, because every team wants to beat us. Some do and recently most don't. That may well change in the future, but rest assured Poole will still be 'in it to win it', hated or otherwise.

Should be an interesting Winter.

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Kyle struggled for Sheffield in their play off final. So can I do a Shovvy and say it makes you stronger? ;):P

Hope Kyle feels better soon. 

It looked to me as if Kyle was over riding in both legs of the final for Sheffield, it obviously meant a lot to him. 

Does it make us stronger? Never great to go into a final without your captain. 

Do you know who will turn up as your manager tonight?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

It looked to me as if Kyle was over riding in both legs of the final for Sheffield, it obviously meant a lot to him. 

Leicester will be hoping it’s Havvy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

My guess is both Middlo and Havvy will be there. As managers and not just turning up. That’s if Middlo can get his missus to give home the afternoon off!

Rumour has it even Matt is making the long trek from Chateau Le Gue to be in Leicester tonight

Edited by Wee Eck

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

Whoever is rota'd on!  Poole's away performances with Havvy have been excellent in the main.

Although it will be Middlo, with possibly Havvy assisting.

Edited by Skidder1

Don't think Nicholls is a bad replacement for Kyle. He rides well at Leicester but it does make us slightly weaker which is a shame. In terms of my prediction, Poole to win by 20 overall. I can't see us going to Poole and beating them..if anything Poole could easily beat us at Leicester. They've got 4 heat leaders at home with Ben Cook firing recently. I have hope for the lions  and wish both teams the best of luck and may the best team won ! But in my eyes... leicester are already the champions...we finished top and that's how it should be ! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Jealous of Poole your having a laugh if you win great you deserve it but I hope you get battered just to put people like you back in your box nothing against there management or riders just supporters like you who act like it’s a divine right. That you win every tournament if it wasn’t for every other team you wouldn’t have anyone to race against as i say cmon Leicester.

I will still be on here win or lose, after all we have one more trophy in the cabinet than you load of cheats 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

And once more it’s off! 

what?

Who will run the first leg?

Very exciting isn't it?:D

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Whoever is rota'd on!  Poole's away performances with Havvy have been excellent in the main.

Although it will be Middlo, with possibly Havvy assisting.

So you don't know?