British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

It’s not Professional but that’s how the sport is run the majority of the time. 

Can you imagine if this was a proper sport and it was all over Sky Sports News 24/7?

Fortunately we're the best kept sporting secret in the UK and long may it stay that way until we get our collective houses in order!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

do we assume that there is know chance of this going ahead at Leicester, and there trying to agree where best to stage it 

I think that's wishful thinking on your part :D

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

Going by weather reports, it's not going to happen this week 

14 minutes ago, iainb said:

Doesn't really matter to Poole if it is staged at Leicester or somewhere else I would think 

Manchester looks ok for much of the week. Move everything there - pretty neutral I’d have thought. 
And, is it correct that Nick Morris is going home this week? Or is that another whopper like mixing up “Marlborough” and “Mexico” (such an easy mistake to make!) as far as Kyle Howarth is concerned?

I think null and void sounds good to to me riders need to know so they pack up for the winter and go home 

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Looking at this weeks forecast, I can't see it myself, not unless they can dig out those mystery track covers from wherever they ended up

As long as no rain on Friday then it should be good to go as there will be no dirt on the track to get waterlogged until the day of the meeting, That is the plan I am led to believe once they have taken it all off to the stone/concrete base any water should just run off and be brushed away during the week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Looking at this weeks forecast, I can't see it myself, not unless they can dig out those mystery track covers from wherever they ended up

Something the powers that be should be looking at in the future, track covers 

3 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Typical I will be back from Detroit (where it is also raining at the moment) but am seeing Kasabian in Birmingham on Friday.

Perhaps Kasabian will be cancelled... you never know :D

4 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

What happens when they take them off and it's still raining ? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, flagrag said:

As long as no rain on Friday then it should be good to go as there will be no dirt on the track to get waterlogged until the day of the meeting, That is the plan I am led to believe once they have taken it all off to the stone/concrete base any water should just run off and be brushed away during the week.

Can you (they) lay a track in a day, ready for racing (30 races) in the evening? I always thought it had to "bed in", I'm no expert though

Edited by iainb

15 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Are track covers the answer though,if it raining at the start of the meeting the rider’s won’t ride anyway,and using the covers on the bends makes the track patchy and difficult according too stories I’ve heard ,also the track has to prepared when they are taken off.They are labour intensive and require a lot of volunteers.Saved a couple of meetings at Berwick a few seasons ago ,but for some reason even they gave up on them now. No win situation IMO.

Edited by Fromafar