British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

11 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If Leicester riders were practising all afternoon they didnt learn alot , very easy for Pirates , Ben Cook will be in demand by premiership clubs. 

I hope Alex is on it..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Lots of bleating from the Poole lot that the Thompons were dirty on Kemp but didn't see it myself, was a good, hard race.

Ironic really seeing as they blindly defend one of there more experienced riders destroying another riders season 

Long journey back but for the 50 odd Pirates fans it will pass quickly. Commiserations to Leicester. Spoke to Gary May but he said nothing he could do to stop the onslaught. 

Some great racing tonight on a very good track. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I hope Alex is on it..

Well he was there going by his Instagram! ;) Really hope both the Cook's get a place in the Prem next season, they deserve it. Especially Ben who has only been riding for Poole and no one else, so to get that form most of the season is amazing! 

• Like 3

What a season Richard Lawson has had statistically and furthermore is on a steal of an average for next season. 

Well done Poole, I get confused with the modern politics of the sport. That being said they were the best team overall in 2022.

Edited by Robinh88
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Long journey back but for the 50 odd Pirates fans it will pass quickly. Commiserations to Leicester. Spoke to Gary May but he said nothing he could do to stop the onslaught. 

Some great racing tonight on a very good track. 

Looking on Speedway Updates i hope Lynn are speaking to Ben tonight.

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Just very hard. I seen them do similar to Basso at Leicester this season and he wasn't happy with it either. Though young riders do tend to push a bit further anyway.

Nicki Pederson has never grown up then ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Nicki Pederson has never grown up then ;)

And everyone said Greg Hancock was the Peter Pan of speedway lol

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Looking on Speedway Updates i hope Lynn are speaking to Ben tonight.

Better hope Chris Holder don't put him off Lynn ;) But Ben said he likes the track so should be okay :D

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

And everyone said Greg Hancock was the Peter Pan of speedway lol

Better hope Chris Holder don't put him off Lynn ;) But Ben said he likes the track so should be okay :D

It's not as grippy as it used to be. It's fast and smooth so isn't a hard track to ride  these days. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Rob beat ya to Basso so game on 

Wouldn't be surprised. If Cook ends up at your place over Lynn , Buster needs a good head shake :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

Two many Cooks spoiled the broth for Lions tonight. Pirates seemed to want it more and deserved to win. Good night/good riddance British Speedway 2022.

47 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

I did notice that Drew looked pretty unhappy at the presentation

Not riding next season for Poole I would assume. 

• Like 1

The Poole 5 were outstanding tonight the Cook Brothers were unreal and will definitely be back next season, unless anyone has crazy money to throw at Zach Cook on his average. 

I wonder if they stick with Nathan again on his average or swap in another 2 pointer

Ben Cook said in Star this week that he's already in discussions for a 2023 Prem place but has to get his visa sorted first.