British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

So Poole stage the first leg on Friday 21st and Leicester the 2nd leg the following day Saturday 22nd October.

Edited by Skidder1

Only in this country where we’ve had a warmer summer than normal can the grand final be raced in the cold of October. So much for being a summer family sport. Let’s hop the weather is kind for this 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So Poole stage the first leg on Friday 21st and Leicester the 2nd leg the following day Saturday 22nd October.

Excellent!

Friday works for me :t:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Excellent!

Friday works for me :t:

Me too! But not for the football reasons lol. Just generally Friday is easier for me than Weds in school term time. Week after would be even better but cutting it a bit close to the end of the season! 

• Like 1

I think we need a good 14 point lead to take to Leicester. We can forget about the 60-30 drubbing we handed out a couple of weeks ago. That isn’t going to happen in the final and Leicester will be all out to revenge the Poole kicking they received a couple of weeks ago. The team as a whole are riding very well and if we can get Drew to show the form and skill he has like in heat 14 last night, we are going to be hard to beat.

Bring it on!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Me too! But not for the football reasons lol. Just generally Friday is easier for me than Weds in school term time. Week after would be even better but cutting it a bit close to the end of the season! 

I work a night shift from Monday to Thursday so Wednesday's are no good for me, hence I can't go anymore since the demise of Weymouth & Buccaneers unless it's a weekend fixture at Poole. I'd managed to get on a first aid course during the day for Wednesday so I can go to football but now I can go to Speedway too so I'm really looking forward to it :)

• Like 1

Pains me to say it but I can't see the Lions overcoming Poole over two legs. Leicester rely too heavily on their heat leaders and if either of the big three dip away, we are stuffed. I think Poole will only need to bring 10 point lead to BP. The form that the Pirates are in, with the Cooks now firing, they might not even need a double figure lead. If the Lions can keep it reasonably tight away though, the return leg will be a cracker in front of a big crowd.

• Like 1

Fridays should be good for travelling Leicester fans. Expect the second bend to Be full of Lions fans cheering their team on to defeat. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Pains me to say it but I can't see the Lions overcoming Poole over two legs. Leicester rely too heavily on their heat leaders and if either of the big three dip away, we are stuffed. I think Poole will only need to bring 10 point lead to BP. The form that the Pirates are in, with the Cooks now firing, they might not even need a double figure lead. If the Lions can keep it reasonably tight away though, the return leg will be a cracker in front of a big crowd.

Avoiding a drubbing at Poole is a priority.They are in good form now though.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Fridays should be good for travelling Leicester fans. Expect the second bend to Be full of Lions fans cheering their team on to defeat. 

The Pirates are looking to run a coach to Leicester on the Saturday.

For those that are keen, please contact the speedway office to register your interest, via the club website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The Pirates are looking to run a coach to Leicester on the Saturday.

For those that are keen, please contact the speedway office to register your interest, via the club website.

Email office@poole-speedway.com to reserve interest in seats .. the club needs to know how many seats would be taken so they can calculate the cost. Will run more than one coach if the demand is there!

• Thanks 1

Aah, bye bye Leicester. Will miss you when you move to the Prem next season. Good luck though. Be watching on Eurosport to see how you get on! :t:

• Like 1