British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

59 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I think if we have mountain and Dan Thomson at reserve that may soften the blow a little! Think the crowds will big hit and miss. Fans are split on moving up

Last time the Lions moved up it was pure vanity and we simply made up the numbers, signing a few riders on short term deals who were not committed.

With the current owner/management set up I think we will see a different mindset and a superior product served up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

Last time the Lions moved up it was pure vanity and we simply made up the numbers, signing a few riders on short term deals who were not committed.

With the current owner/management set up I think we will see a different mindset and a superior product served up.

I agree. They have to make this work after the disaster last time out. Thinking there going to build a strong home team and aim for the play offs is a minimum requirement

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

That will be great - as long as fans turn up in greater numbers!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

That will be great - as long as fans turn up in greater numbers!

Think it will drop a little due to it being Thursday. But we're a loyal bunch. Had around 600/700 hundred on wet Tuesday night and against Scunthorpe last year. Which was already a foregone conclusion. 

6 hours ago, FishersGate said:

I think if we have mountain and Dan Thomson at reserve that may soften the blow a little! Think the crowds will big hit and miss. Fans are split on moving up

Mountain's a bit of a puzzle for me. Didn't seem to impose/improve much in the CL over 2021 but always looked very useful riding for Sheffield and not just in heats 2 & 8. Maybe he will stay at Sheffield?

10 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Mountain's a bit of a puzzle for me. Didn't seem to impose/improve much in the CL over 2021 but always looked very useful riding for Sheffield and not just in heats 2 & 8. Maybe he will stay at Sheffield?

Think it's up to him. Think both clubs want him as his average possibly maybe 3.66 which is low. I wouldn't be gutted if he doesn't stay at Leicester. Id love Nikolai Busk Jacobsen at Leicester. 4.37 and always has huge scores around Beaumont park. 

6 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Think it's up to him. Think both clubs want him as his average possibly maybe 3.66 which is low. I wouldn't be gutted if he doesn't stay at Leicester. Id love iNkolai Busk Jacobsen at Leicester. 4.37 and always has huge scores around Beaumont park. 

I thought Nikolai Busk Jacobsen had retired.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spin king said:

I thought Nikolai Busk Jacobsen had retired.

Hey may have I don't have a clue !

2 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Hey may have I don't have a clue !

He has retired.

On 11/20/2022 at 3:11 PM, FishersGate said:

Think it will drop a little due to it being Thursday. But we're a loyal bunch. Had around 600/700 hundred on wet Tuesday night and against Scunthorpe last year. Which was already a foregone conclusion. 

That would just about pay for Championship Team these days,some sponsers must have deep pockets.Did they not change their race night to weekend because fans weren’t liking mid week.

• Like 1

Could be Leicester's last season. Seen too many clubs succumb to the lure of the "Premier" league and fail after having to change race night.

Leicester should have taken advice from their arch enemies down on the south coast who remain operating successfully on the night that their paying spectators want to see speedway.

• Like 1

Just read  about all the improvements that are to be made.  New track lighting being one of them. Been banging on about this for ever it seems. Swindon's track equipment has also been purchased.

On 11/20/2022 at 3:33 PM, Big Al said:

But the fans voted him to be the most improved despite his average dropping.

10 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Could be Leicester's last season. Seen too many clubs succumb to the lure of the "Premier" league and fail after having to change race night.

Leicester should have taken advice from their arch enemies down on the south coast who remain operating successfully on the night that their paying spectators want to see speedway.

Someone praising Poole! Has the world ended? :unsure::o;)