British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

4 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

They've solved the farce of a rider who rides for both teams. Lawson will ride for the Lions and the Pirates will use a guest to cover his absence. Bomber is the favourite to step in.

Lions will then operate R/R :t:

Sedgeman been on fire down under this winter, if he keeps that form in the UK I think he will be a real asset to you guys this season, solid middle order rider. Leicester could spring some surprises this season 

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

Sedgeman been on fire down under this winter, if he keeps that form in the UK I think he will be a real asset to you guys this season, solid middle order rider. Leicester could spring some surprises this season 

Always goes well in Australia.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:05 AM, szkocjasid said:

I noticed Belle Vue's team only fits if Brennan gets a 25% reduction. So Mountain must have a 3.38 ave, leaving 5.48 for the last rider!

Good to see Bomber given the Captaincy of the Lions. His great attitude, professionalism & experience is going to be a major factor during the season - the right appointment. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 4:28 PM, 1 valve said:

Lions will then operate R/R :t:

At the risk of being boring we still have no news of this exciting home and away fixture against Poole that we are all dying to see!

• Haha 2

Just now, Happy Hunter said:

At the risk of being boring we still have no news of this exciting home and away fixture against Poole that we are all dying to see!

Oh yeah! Even I have forgotten all about that! I am assuming it isn't happening. 

On 2/24/2023 at 11:59 AM, lisa-colette said:

Oh yeah! Even I have forgotten all about that! I am assuming it isn't happening. 

I hope it doesn't happen it's just a complete balls up. 

4 hours ago, FishersGate said:

I hope it doesn't happen it's just a complete balls up. 

I think there are better "challenge" matches to be had.
Running the final of a three team tournament between two clubs, now in different leagues, with different riders, isn't a good advert is it?

31 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I think there are better "challenge" matches to be had.
Running the final of a three team tournament between two clubs, now in different leagues, with different riders, isn't a good advert is it?

It's not a good advert but not completing a competition that has been started is even worse in my book... how do you expect fans to buy into these mickey mouse fixture filler competitions if they don't finish them. Clubs shouldn't be allowed to pull out of finals or just not run them without any sanction imo.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, iainb said:

It's not a good advert but not completing a competition that has been started is even worse in my book... how do you expect fans to buy into these mickey mouse fixture filler competitions if they don't finish them. Clubs shouldn't be allowed to pull out of finals or just not run them without any sanction imo.

Here's a crazy idea. How about we run a two legged meeting but with the kids racing instead. I'm sure Leicester could use there national League team and Poole could pick best of the rest so atleast the youngsters have had some more racing experience. Crowds wouldn't be great I know but I'd be up for that..

6 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Here's a crazy idea. How about we run a two legged meeting but with the kids racing instead. I'm sure Leicester could use there national League team and Poole could pick best of the rest so atleast the youngsters have had some more racing experience. Crowds wouldn't be great I know but I'd be up for that..

Here's an even crazier idea... how about reassembling the teams that qualified for the competition and running it as their first matches of the season and getting the bloody thing out of the way, that way the fans that traveled the country following their team last season under the crazy notion that if their team qualified for a final they would actually get to see it. As it stands at Leicester we qualified for the play off final and the Jubilee Trophy final and have seen neither!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Apparently it is still taking place.

It's good to see that the collective promotional forces of Leicester, Poole and British Speedway are in full motion :D

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Apparently it is still taking place.

You heard it here first....:D

• Haha 1