British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Can't wait to give you Pirates a spanking at the Lions (crack) Den :D

Nah never happen, remember some really good meetings though especially some races between Doyley and Magic many years ago.

Results back from Worrall's drug test apparently highlight that he failed due to his incorrect spelling of amphetamine which hopefully won't therefore result in a ban.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Results back from Worrall's drug test apparently highlight that he failed due to his incorrect spelling of amphetamine which hopefully won't therefore result in a ban.

Surely not?!

Leicester will put a statement out on their website soon... surely... won't they? Even if it's just a repost of the SCB Statement

1 hour ago, 40-38 said:

Surely not?!

He must be on a wind up surely.

On Tuesday 5th September 2023 at Plymouth Speedway in their fixture versus Berwick, four riders were randomly selected for an Alcohol and Drug Testing.

Plymouth Rider Richie Worrall and Berwick Rider Steve Boxall were two of the four riders who were randomly selected.

Both Mr Worrall and Mr Boxall produced samples however with one prohibited substance the result provided a non - negative result, therefore excluding them from the event.

These samples have now been sent off to the Laboratory for further analysis.

Both Mr Worrall and Mr Boxall SCB Registrations have currently been suspended pending the results from the Laboratory.

Two other riders who were tested were confirmed negative on all their results.

The clubs of Mr Worrall (Leicester Premiership and Plymouth Championship) and Mr Boxall (Berwick Championship and Berwick NDL) will be entitled to a facility during the rider's suspension period under SCB Regulation 010.5 i).

17 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Amphetamines are stimulant drugs.

Not the best way to get more speed from the bike :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

58 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Amphetamines are stimulant drugs.

My post needs to be read wearing a humour hat (whether you don't find it funny or get it is another matter though I suppose).

2 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

My post needs to be read wearing a humour hat (whether you don't find it funny or get it is another matter though I suppose).

I can see where you are coming from but some others don't seem to appreciate your sense of humour! Perhaps they are not up to speed!

8 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

You might get a more receptive audience on a different thread. I think the Leicester faithful are not seeing much to laugh about in this just now. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, False dawn said:

You might get a more receptive audience on a different thread. I think the Leicester faithful are not seeing much to laugh about in this just now. 

I actually care about my beloved Leicester Lions and do not like the current mess we are actually in. That said, I do take the sport in this country for what it really is, amateurish at best. If those of us that follow the sport can't have a laugh, I can assure you that there are millions of non followers that would pee themselves if they were given an insight as to what actually goes on in British Speedway. Thank goodness it is a minority sport! 

• Like 3

Kerr should have re-signed for Lynn,he would have got more meetings then:rolleyes::lol:.Leicester really bottled their last half a season,plus some odd team changes really messed them up.

17 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I agree about the odd team changes. They looked like panic to me! Come on the Cubs!

Dickson clearly hasnt a clue. 

Edited by foreverblue