British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Isn’t Thursday an alternative race night for the Ekstraliga ?

Only in rare cases for rain off that can't be rescheduled elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Isn’t Thursday an alternative race night for the Ekstraliga ?

Yes it is. Think there was only 3 rain offs last season is Poland with teams riding on a Thursday so hopefully doesn't have too much of an impact

Dudek to Leicester.  Hmmm.
Pretty sure Zagar won't be a Lion after tonight's post meeting chat at the NSS, he's planning to be ill Monday.  Has he ever ridden at Leicester before?

1 minute ago, Col said:

Dudek to Leicester.  Hmmm.
Pretty sure Zagar won't be a Lion after tonight's post meeting chat at the NSS, he's planning to be ill Monday.  Has he ever ridden at Leicester before?

Normally very badly until it rather conveniently started clashing with Slovenian championship rounds lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Col said:

Personally wouldn't want him, because of an attitude like that and similar incidents down the years. He seems to thinks he's got something special going on with BV so I think he should probably stay with that

23 hours ago, Flappy said:

Fricke, Harris, Pickering 

What about them?

On 10/28/2022 at 12:14 AM, Elmo said:

Normally very badly until it rather conveniently started clashing with Slovenian championship rounds lol

Lakeside away used to "spookily" seem to always fall on Slovenian Championship weekends too...! :D

On 10/28/2022 at 9:16 AM, iainb said:

Personally wouldn't want him, because of an attitude like that and similar incidents down the years. He seems to thinks he's got something special going on with BV so I think he should probably stay with that

I remember Matej "paddling around" in Heat One a few years ago...

He got to the end of lap one and thought "sod it"....

I did remind him, using some choice Anglo Saxon nouns to describe him,  that it cost me the thick end of £100 to take my place in the crowd that evening...:D

Edit. Wouldnt surprise me to see Matej as Team Manager at the NSS some time soon/when he hangs up the kevlars, especially as Mark Lemon focuses more on growing the brand as CEO..

Edited by mikebv

12 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Have heard Lawson on his way to Leicester 

Could put 3 teams together with all the riders that are supposed to be going to Leicester so far….

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Lakeside away used to "spookily" seem to always fall on Slovenian Championship weekends too...! :D

Occasionally maybe but I saw him have good meetings there, getting the fastest time and beating AJ as well.  He's a 'mood' rider, which makes him less than reliable.

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Have heard Lawson on his way to Leicester 

Somebody stop him, does he not know it's off tonight!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Edit. Wouldnt surprise me to see Matej as Team Manager at the NSS some time soon/when he hangs up the kevlars, especially as Mark Lemon focuses more on growing the brand as CEO..

As you've not followed this with a smiley face, I'll take it that you're serious! Which is quite a turnaround, the last time I was a regular at Belle Vue, the talk on the terraces, of the great unwashed on the back straight at least, was that he should be axed and they didn't want him back. That was 2016, the 2022 Matej Zagar seems to have attained cult status this year, the fans are cheering him before races and he's even giving them a wave... the only time I've seen rider worship like this and it being reciprocated is with Sam Ermolenko at Wolverhampton. Matej certainly seems to be feeling the love and if I were an Aces fan I would defo want the 2022 version back next year.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

As you've not followed this with a smiley face, I'll take it that you're serious! Which is quite a turnaround, the last time I was a regular at Belle Vue, the talk on the terraces, of the great unwashed on the back straight at least, was that he should be axed and they didn't want him back. That was 2016, the 2022 Matej Zagar seems to have attained cult status this year, the fans are cheering him before races and he's even giving them a wave... the only time I've seen rider worship like this and it being reciprocated is with Sam Ermolenko at Wolverhampton. Matej certainly seems to be feeling the love and if I were an Aces fan I would defo want the 2022 version back next year.

Certainly has built up a strong affinity with the fans..

Threw himself into the crowd at Sheffield after the meeting was won, and no one celebrated more than he did...

Would be an asset personality wise for the "Aces Brand" and will have some gravitas from riders given his status attained by his achievements...

As for next season, he is easily good enough to run an 8 point average at home, so double points most weeks given he will be in the running for Ht 15....