British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

King's Lynn v Belle Vue (SGBPB)

On 10/22/2022 at 12:42 PM, Bald Bloke said:

It's a lot of money for BV for what is a dead rubber meeting.

If your referring to Robert, what do you think we pay World Pairs champion, GP gold medalist and GP regular Max Fricke, buttons?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ouch said:

If your referring to Robert, what do you think we pay World Pairs champion, GP gold medalist and GP regular Max Fricke, buttons?

I expect what BB is referring to is that Robert would have been on a considerable guarantee and was essentially brought in to help win the Play Offs which he did. So no surprise if he's not at Lynn tomorrow, but I hope he is as he's the reason I (and I suspect many others) will go or not. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I expect what BB is referring to is that Robert would have been on a considerable guarantee and was essentially brought in to help win the Play Offs which he did. So no surprise if he's not at Lynn tomorrow, but I hope he is as he's the reason I (and I suspect many others) will go or not. 

Oh Bagpuss!!!!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Trees said:

Oh Bagpuss!!!!

:D

Me and Little Miss Abbs are planning on coming but depends on the weather and her frame of mind as well as the line ups ;)

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

:D

Me and Little Miss Abbs are planning on coming but depends on the weather and her frame of mind as well as the line ups ;)

I fear the lineups won’t be what we are expecting, as there’s no word or preview for the meeting on the Stars website yet.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

So you’re saying we’d have dropped Max for Robert if he had not sustained his multiple injuries?

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, ouch said:

So you’re saying we’d have dropped Max for Robert if he had not sustained his multiple injuries?

Wow.

Nope, but you needed somebody with Fricke's kind of scoring power with an average that fitted once he sustained his injuries. Guests or R/R wouldn't have cut it.

• Like 1

KING’S LYNN: Richard Lawson, Thomas Jorgensen, Richie Worrall, Josh Pickering, Nicolai Klindt, Frederick Jakobsen, Jason Edwards.
BELLE VUE: Brady Kurtz, Charles Wright R/R, Matej Zagar, Tom Brennan, Robert Lambert, Norick Blodorn, Simon Lambert.

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

KING’S LYNN: Richard Lawson, Thomas Jorgensen, Richie Worrall, Josh Pickering, Nicolai Klindt, Frederick Jakobsen, Jason Edwards.
BELLE VUE: Brady Kurtz, Charles Wright R/R, Matej Zagar, Tom Brennan, Robert Lambert, Norick Blodorn, Simon Lambert.

Let's hope those line ups stay the same until 7:45 tomorrow night. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Let's hope those line ups stay the same until 7:45 tomorrow night. 

If they do I will be amazed . For those attending let’s hope they do but there is a few reason why line ups could change . 

Edited by Haza

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Sell the tickets then announce proper line ups at 19:00

• Haha 1

If Robert Lambert does ride, presume Kings Lynn will be contributing to his fee then hoping to bring a better crowd in.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Is Bomber getting his bikes ready? :D

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Apparently tickets aren't available online and haven't been for a while. 

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

If Robert Lambert does ride, presume Kings Lynn will be contributing to his fee then hoping to bring a better crowd in.

Do the opposition usually pay for the other team's riders?

it's not Kings Lynns fault you are paying him a fortune for a dead match