British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

King's Lynn v Belle Vue (SGBPB)

55 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Jakobsen signs for 2023 on a 5.04

Could be the signing of the season.. Hope we can get Josh back on a 6.14 as well.

2 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Don't think so as the reason given for tonights absence is he is injured so we must assume he would have ridden had he been fit enough.

Thats the only reason BV could of given though. What else could they say.

19 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

In fairness i think it was said Robert Lambert was signed as  a replacement for Fricke who had a season ending injury.

So he should really have been there tonight.Was told tonight he isn't injured.

37 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Why did they get r/r for Lambert then

Can do if it is interpreted as withholding his services.

In the meantime well done Richard on your maximum tonight.

8 minutes ago, tocha said:

Can do if it is interpreted as withholding his services.

In the meantime well done Richard on your maximum tonight.

Think Lawson will struggle for a place on his average next season

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I saw this coming on page 6. ;)

1 hour ago, Haza said:

The surprising bit for me is Zagar

Why? Due to ride the pairs at Leicester tomorrow & probably at NSS Thursday. I think he's missed one Aces fixture since he signed after a well documented heavy spill at Bydgoszcz.

Good to see the Stars have a reliable #1 sorted for 2023.

3 minutes ago, Col said:

Why? Due to ride the pairs at Leicester tomorrow & probably at NSS Thursday. I think he's missed one Aces fixture since he signed after a well documented heavy spill at Bydgoszcz.

He obviously signed for the season and is going to honour that. Where i think Lambo signed to win them the play offs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Col said:

Good to see the Stars have a reliable #1 sorted for 2023.

Really. Freddie is not a number 1 :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

The trouble with speedway is,,, there are still enough fans at some clubs that are happy to be treated like rubbish,, and will gladly turn up every week to be treated that way. Most will even say thank you

At last...

Someone gets it....

Nail on the head....

There will be the usual crowd on here, some within the "inner sanctum", who will no doubt defend what happens and that fans really dont know how "bloody hard" the promoters work...:rolleyes:

Thw reality of course was that a "meaningless event" was always going to be treated like a "meaningless event", hence it was an opportunity to make several pish taking comments on here before hand because the vast majority of us knew exactly what would happen.. 

Really dont know why so many who help fund the promoters through their regular payments, and therefore condone the nonsense that takes place, (and all year round remember, not just in October), seem to be unhappy about something that was always going to happen.. 

And will happen again...

And again...

And again..

Ad Infinitum...

Guess what?

UK Speedway doesnt really matter in any "league context", as the promoters themselves destroy any credibility by their own hand, and therefore eliminate any kudos in winning "titles"...

Come next April though the same people complaining will be chomping at the bit to pay season ticket money or get down to their local track for the first meeting..

I will be one of those attending the first night, and happy to do so, as I dont take it seriously, so can happily watch the four riders per race put on an entertainment show...

I will then go and watch GP's, SON, and Polish League racing through next summer and go to the NSS as and when "someone decent" is there and the weather is set fair...

No one should feel "aggrieved", "angry" or "let down" about tonight as it was always going to be thus...

Some fans really do get the sport they deserve...

PS. Best wishes to all the riders missing tonight.. Good luck in your recovery...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tellboy said:

He was in Poland this morning so I understand.

He should have been there tonight as advertised. Quite a lot of KL fans disappointed.

• Sad 1

If Lambert had only agreed to ride on the play-offs, transfer shouldn't have been allowed imo. No other ruder in Britain is allowed to pick & chose his meetings & decide league & pairs matches are below him.

7 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

He was in Poland this morning so I understand.

He should have been there tonight as advertised. Quite a lot of KL fans disappointed.

Which is a shame...

However..

If the meeting had been ran before the final of the competition that it was actually a qualification meeting for...

Rather than a fortnight after the competition "finished"..

Maybe they would have seen a full Aces septet?

And a full septet of their own team too..?

Just a thought...:rolleyes: