British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

King's Lynn v Belle Vue (SGBPB)

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

Could be the most entertaining 0-0 ever seen in speedway.

Bound to be a 45-45 draw 

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Bound to be a 45-45 draw 

No,it's go to be a 0-0 surely so all riders reduce their averages for next season.

Lawson should definitely think about it.Can't see anyone wanting him on a 7.91 average next season.I don't believe riders do average reduction over the season,but on this occasion if i was Lawson i would think about it.It is easy for him to lose about a point off his average with it only being over the last 10 matches.If he scores 0 that will replace a 16 he scored against Wolves.

I would be thinking take a hit on one pay packet to make sure i get a further 25 pay packets next season.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tellboy said:

No,it's go to be a 0-0 surely so all riders reduce their averages for next season.

Lawson should definitely think about it.Can't see anyone wanting him on a 7.91 average next season.I don't believe riders do average reduction over the season,but on this occasion if i was Lawson i would think about it.It is easy for him to lose about a point off his average with it only being over the last 10 matches.If he scores 0 that will replace a 16 he scored against Wolves.

I would be thinking take a hit on one pay packet to make sure i get a further 25 pay packets next season.

Makes sense definitely 

28 minutes ago, tellboy said:

011.1.18Bona-Fide Attempt to Race
A rider, who, having started in a heat does not make an honest attempt to ride to the best of their ability, as judged by the Referee, shall be guilty of an offence, which may entail disqualification from the heat or a penalty. Failure to make a bona-fide attempt to race, if the Referee considers it to be an alternative to not participating in a meeting, is an offence.
In team and pairs competitions, team riding is permitted.

Mind you when has BSF ever had the desire to race within the rules? Openly discussing cheating as an acceptable way to compete in sport. Why am I not surprised  

• Like 1

Don't forget, Sheffield v Ipswich is another match that won't happen - neither of these can go ahead simply because of the Green Sheet problem. Reducing to 10 matches was a ridiculous decision.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Ouch beat me to it hypocrite bang the anti cheat drum and then suggest a rider cheats to drop his average.

Was expecting those responses thank you very much.But what is good for the goose is good for the gander isn't it.Fairs fair surely everyone can bend the rules not just the chosen few.Nothing wrong with a few E/Fs is there:D then you can't be classed as not attempting to race.Anyway most riders can make it look like they are racing and still finish last.

32 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Was expecting those responses thank you very much.But what is good for the goose is good for the gander isn't it.Fairs fair surely everyone can bend the rules not just the chosen few.Nothing wrong with a few E/Fs is there:D then you can't be classed as not attempting to race.Anyway most riders can make it look like they are racing and still finish last.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. Call out the cheats loud and proud, I do but it does me much good on here. What’s the point in Belle Vue following the rules all the time if the rest of you flout them to your own advantage?

49 minutes ago, tellboy said:

The difference is Belle vue were proved right and the ruling body confirmed this by allowing Lambert to sign for Belle vue.

But with you, you suggest a rider should cheat to drops his average in your first post then confirm that you think its ok that he should cheat in your second post. With all the evidence provided no lawyer in the land could prove you inocent so it is you sir who is the cheat.

7 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

The difference is Belle vue were proved right and the ruling body confirmed this by allowing Lambert to sign for Belle vue.

But with you, you suggest a rider should cheat to drops his average in your first post then confirm that you think its ok that he should cheat in your second post. With all the evidence provided no lawyer in the land could prove you inocent so it is you sir who is the cheat.

Could a lawyer prove he didn't have E/Fs.

You know the rule book has been bent several times this season.

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Could a lawyer prove he didn't have E/Fs.

You know the rule book has been bent several times this season.

Nothing said about the rider it is you who is the cheat with 2 posts to prove it.

I'm shocked and devestated at the thought of Speedway operating on the moral low ground regarding cynical manipulation of riders averages.

It's a good job that the 'News Of The World' has ceased publication otherwise we could be heading for the gutter! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I'm starting to think this way as well.  Wolves came to the AFA last month and got smacked up 63-27 unexpectedly. I don't know about their other Sept results, but they dropped 3.47 off of their team average in Sept.40.66 down to 37.19. Lynns went up from 37.42 to 39.14. Second only to BV. I'm not saying Wolves broke any rules, they just had a shocker. It could easily happen to Lynn in the BV meeting;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

Belle Vue have not been proved right. All that happened is that they hired a lawyer to run rings round the BSPA (and not I should imagine a difficult task) and they backed down.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Belle Vue have not been proved right. All that happened is that they hired a lawyer to run rings round the BSPA (and not I should imagine a difficult task) and they backed down.

In your opinion. Its what a lot of fans want an independent opinion well we got one.

• Like 1