British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2023

Could you imagine a grown adult if your not a rider walking around your stadium in full race suit you would look a proper melt, but if I saw it I would laugh my head off and god knows how much it would cost to fit my 6ft 4 frame and 15 stone waistline I’d need a second mortgage lol.

3 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Could you imagine a grown adult if your not a rider walking around your stadium in full race suit you would look a proper melt, but if I saw it I would laugh my head off and god knows how much it would cost to fit my 6ft 4 frame and 15 stone waistline I’d need a second mortgage lol.

Huh??! 

Read it wrong Lisa my mistake I thought I read race suits available for fans to buy not sponsor spec savers for me after Christmas I think bloody idiot I am that lol.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Read it wrong Lisa my mistake I thought I read race suits available for fans to buy not sponsor spec savers for me after Christmas I think bloody idiot I am that lol.

Haha. Sometimes if you a sponsor a race suit you are allowed to keep it when season finishes.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Haha. Sometimes if you a sponsor a race suit you are allowed to keep it when season finishes.

It's only costing Plymouth fans £50 to have their name on the race suit. I doubt they will be able to keep the suit especially as sponsors logos will cost a lot more.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It's only costing Plymouth fans £50 to have their name on the race suit. I doubt they will be able to keep the suit especially as sponsors logos will cost a lot more.

Why do you feel the need to continually rubbish stir. 

I can't find any reference to anyone actually getting a suit. 

Clubs and many riders have adopted similar schemes for suits, race jackets and bike covers etc. 

It's certainly a lot cheaper than the amount you'd have to fork out to get an invite to the Salon Owners Chateau. 

27 minutes ago, HGould said:

Clubs and many riders have adopted similar schemes for suits, race jackets and bike covers etc. 

It's certainly a lot cheaper than the amount you'd have to fork out to get an invite to the Salon Owners Chateau. 

Hi HG

I don't think Skidder was stirring.

I sponsored a Poole race suit through Poole (Danny Ford) back in early 2020 before Covid kicked in  for a rider who ultimately didn't ride for us as season was cancelled so it was transferred at the Club's expense to Danny Hume for 2021.

As it turns out I gifted the suit to a good young supporter at the start of the 2020 season as a surprise so he was sent it at the end of the 2021 season. From memory cost about £600/650.

£50 to get your name on a suit sounds a good deal as ultimately what do you do with the suit at the end of the season anyway unless you are a kevlar collector ;).

Everyone has a different budget so whether it be £50 for your name on it or £600/650 (as it was back then), the important thing is it gives supporters at all levels a chance to have their name involved in the sport. The actual sponsors can allocate their larger amounts via the individual clubs sponsorship brochures or via the promoters.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typo
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, HGould said:

That prob my fault. I brought up about how if you sponsor the whole race suit or pay for the whole thing sometimes you get to keep it. But that was in refence to Mike's post about fans wearing it. So looks like we both got our wires crossed!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, HGould said:

Suggest you look a bit harder then. I was saying that £50 for your name on a racesuit is good value but you wouldn't expect to get the racesuit at season end because corporate sponsors would pay more for their logo on the suit as Mark Philips explained in the video.

At Poole last season (similar to SteveHols experience) race suits could be sponsored for I believe £700 and the suit was then yours at the season end or could be auctioned off to benefit the Riders Equipment Fund.

Incidentally my invite to the Chateau is totally free of charge!!:D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2022 at 11:43 AM, Racin Jason 72 said:

So what did keleher do to fall out with the Poole promotion? This gets mentioned frequently but I’ve never seen an alleged reason. 

It's fair to say he's not liked by a lot of Aussies, as Poole generally have a few it may well be down to that.

Anyway if Poole rated him I highly doubt they'd have dropped him and he's now had a season out of racing, hope he's not the last signing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

It's fair to say he's not liked by a lot of Aussies, as Poole generally have a few it may well be down to that.

Anyway if Poole rated him I highly doubt they'd have dropped him and he's now had a season out of racing, hope he's not the last signing.

Think he would be good signing, a qlder  for a start,lap record pace, always has flashest gear , room for improvement , bargin average ,as keen as mustard capable of heat leader

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Think he would be good signing, a qlder  for a start,lap record pace, always has flashest gear , room for improvement , bargin average ,as keen as mustard capable of heat leader

He certainly talks the talk and his merch and social media image publicity is excellent

On 12/24/2022 at 10:09 AM, Spiderman1 said:

Can't say anything about his roots but heat leader, no chance.

On 12/24/2022 at 8:21 AM, torpointfanatic22 said:

Posted this in the wrong topic due to fat finger small touchscreen and being in the pub syndrome

id love to know what happened

The ZK and Poo Pirates gossip will be everlasting unless all the fans who say they know what happened say what happened to cause his hasty transfer along the coast

As for those who put him down because of his age, remember John Louis didn't take up speedway until his late 20s and did far more in his career than plenty of youngsters who followed  within a far bigger pool of riders.

Before anyone jumps on the bandwagon of slagging me off for comparing different era's. I know the sport is generally a young man's game. 

• Like 1

Kelleher and Poole is like uncle Bryn and Jason from Gavin and Stacey’s fishing trip