British Speedway Forum

KL are the dark horse for 2023.

It's one of those teams that is sneakily good and it'll go under the radar imo. No big name GP superstar in the side but it's got solid scorers from top to bottom just like the Peterborough 2021 side.

12 minutes ago, Col said:

You do Doyle a huge disservice putting on par with Masters.

I look at once, it looks good, next I can't see a heat win, third time I can see very few 0's on a scorecard.

Agreed... But they have the only RS who will take a point off none RS's in the league.

Do you think Jorgensen will prove to be better over the course of a season as #6 than Blodorn & Kerr. I'm not convinced.

I think this Stars team is relying on MPT to recapture his 2021 form.  They have a very solid engine room.

Yes, I think Lynn will be the best reserve in the league, wether it's TJ, Pickering or MPT!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep, I'd be seriously underwhelmed if a Wolves fan. The thing they do have though is a big home advantage and on that basis alone you'd fancy them for top four.

I doubt that will even save them next season tbh.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

After 1 league meeting Freddie will be on over a 7 and Picko will drop to reserve.I can see TJ riding there most of the season. Whoever it is we will have a very strong number 6 all season.

I'm pretty sure for that reason I predicted Lynn for 2nd this year (Worrall starting at reserve) but got that wrong so slightly reluctant to make that same suggestion again lol!

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm pretty sure for that reason I predicted Lynn for 2nd this year (Worrall starting at reserve) but got that wrong so slightly reluctant to make that same suggestion again lol!

Whoever is at reserve, they will be as good as Worrall imo. I would take 2nd right now :)

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Lynn depends on KK. Alex said he knows he can be frustrating, but he can also be very fast. Brady thinks KK can average 8 in this league. He also said 3 Prem teams spoke to him(KK) and it cost" a 5 figure sum beginning with a 2 to get him to Lynn"

He best not let us down then!!!!!!

I predict he'll fall off regularly on the 3rd/4th bend .....

Edited by Trees

6 hours ago, Col said:

You do Doyle a huge disservice putting on par with Masters.

I look at once, it looks good, next I can't see a heat win, third time I can see very few 0's on a scorecard.

Agreed... But they have the only RS who will take a point off none RS's in the league.

Do you think Jorgensen will prove to be better over the course of a season as #6 than Blodorn & Kerr. I'm not convinced.

I think this Stars team is relying on MPT to recapture his 2021 form.  They have a very solid engine room.

You misread/misunderstood, what I said is that Ipswich have Doyle and Wolves have the strongest home advantage. Because of those things they will be difficult to finish above even though their teams look a bit meh.

As for taking point off non RS's, I'm pretty sure Jenkins, Edwards and Thomas all did that last season, and given time Thompson, Mulford and particularly Gilkes will too. 

18 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Boo him after winning you the title after many years in the doldrums! 

It was sent in gest. Can you not see the smiley.

2 hours ago, Trees said:

He best not let us down then!!!!!!

I predict he'll fall off regularly on the 3rd/4th bend .....

I'll be amazed if he's still in the team come the latter stages of the season.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

5 matches is my reckoning

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Or is he another Killdiman and never starts the season 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Haza said:

Or is he another Killdiman and never starts the season 

Reports suggest that this is his last season before retirement and he wants a final year riding in the UK so unless he injures himself like PK I can't see any reason why he won't start the season. Whether he finishes it is up for debate but time will tell, he starts with a clean slate  for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

For me It's KK that we need to have a good one.

I'm sure KK will do what KK has always done, blow incredibly hot & cold.  Expect a fair few 3 0 3 R.  It's whether the 3, 2, 3, 1', 2 nights occur as often as the 0, R , R.  The thing is with the Stars septet, Klindt is almost as inconsistent.

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Yes, I think Lynn will be the best reserve in the league, wether it's TJ, Pickering or MPT!

It will be Jorgensen most of the year, I'm sure of that.  Not convinced he'll prove to be better than Kerr and possibly Blodorn over the course of a season.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hyderd said:

It was sent in gest. Can you not see the smiley.

You must know that blue tinted glasses obscure peoples viewing capabilities