British Speedway Forum

18 minutes ago, wtf said:

Zagar an KK are going to be wanting very different paychecks. Zagar I know was on £5K a meeting last year. KK will be on a LOT less than that

Blimey. i thought £3k ish :blink:

Kasprzak in the Polish press saying that his slow and poor start to the season has been influenced by the cold weather - better start hoping a heatwave is on the way!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If you get Zagar and we get Worrall i wont be a happy bunny. You can't weaken us to make you stronger.  By weaken i'm not saying Worrall isn't better than KK , but he's not in Zagar's league. Lynn should be Busters priority imho.

Zagar's very expensive for what he offers away from the NSS though, For that kind of financial layout you'd be expecting a rider like Robert Lambert.

Just now, Najjer said:

Kasprzak in the Polish press saying that his slow and poor start to the season has been influenced by the cold weather - better start hoping a heatwave is on the way!

Electric heated Kevlars must be the answer :rofl: In fairness, I do know he's been trying to get practice and laps everywhere, but not been able to. but it's been the same for everyone

16 minutes ago, Najjer said:

That's the sort of excuse a Karen would come up with.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wtf said:

I got a feeling it may have dawned on the estate agent that maybe insisting everyone goes to Nando's and wearing matching trainers, aren't the ingredients required for a competitive speedway team. They've built a team who have no togetherness, would rather fight amongst themselves rather than for each other. KK was always going to be capable and likely of nights like last night. Klindt is just as capable of producing shocking nights. Last night slightly flattered Sheffield I feel, as the gates certainly fell in their favour with gate 3 being it's usual dreadful self as the track staff refuse to prepare the gates (can't believe away riders/teams haven't figured this out yet) The home team know when is best to get, and how to use their gates. The manager needs to get a stop watch and understand it's use. But all in all you've got to be expecting to get humped in heats 13 and 15 every week home and away I'd of thought with that top 2. The team was built to do it's best work at other parts in the meeting. Sheffield is a horrible place to go when your confidence is low. It's such a fast unforgiving narrow track that if your tail isn't up or your Kahoonas are on the small side, you're not going to have a good night.

That's a good, balanced post. What I would say is that the team spirit stuff is an important part of the set up, especially when you don't have the budget of other clubs, it's marginal gains etc. BUT you do have to get the signings right to go with that. I think its a better team than the two scores so far, but it needs to be a LOT better and quickly. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Zagar's very expensive for what he offers away from the NSS though, For that kind of financial layout you'd be expecting a rider like Robert Lambert.

With WTF's post about Zagar's £5k a meeting ( and going by some of his posts i think he is closer to speedway  than most are on here) then i wouldn't touch Zagar. Come back Lambo please.

Edited by Bald Bloke

On a different note who on this Good Friday morning wishes we’d Ipswich home and away ? ( under current form it might not be a good idea ) but with great weather both clubs would get bumper crowds those where days definitely. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Haza said:

On a different note who on this Good Friday morning wishes we’d Ipswich home and away ? ( under current form it might not be a good idea ) but with great weather both clubs would get bumper crowds those where days definitely. 

I haven't checked but maybe there are stocks at the AFA today. Or rider availability issues

Edited by Bald Bloke

34 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Lynn have made contact with Robert lambert. Must be a double change coming 

If they have I'm sure we can predict his answer. And even if he said yes I expect t it would only be until GP's and/or Sweden start.

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I haven't checked but maybe there are stocks at the AFA today. Or rider availability issues

Championship takes priority. Unless you name was Poole when they rode in the top league of course!

24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

A lot of Champ clubs riding, so half the team be out. KK would be available though :rofl:

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

A lot of Champ clubs riding, so half the team be out. KK would be available though :rofl:

Wonder if Kk fancies doubling up in the Championship lol once he’s got his average down which on present form won’t take long lol 

Just now, Haza said:

Wonder if Kk fancies doubling up in the Championship lol once he’s got his average down which on present form won’t take long lol 

As long as he's not at Poole! Maybe Oxford? He has at least one fan there ;)

• Haha 2