British Speedway Forum

50 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Would love to see R Lambert at 1, instead of Masters. Just don't think he's strong enough to be your big hitter, especially away from Monmore. However, that being said it certainly looks a more competitive team than what we've had to endure this season.

Plus one on Lambo or a similar calibre of rider.. I would be thinking of heats 13 and 15. Not sure on Klindt myself. What is he, about 35 now,  and has had a bad injury. Wojdylo looks like he could be useful at 6, on an assessed 5. especially at home on a big track. In his short stint for the Panthers his home scores were 0, 12 and 13. Beating Doyle twice in one meeting. I guess it depends on what the league situation will be in 24, and the money available, as to what/who we get..

Edited by Bald Bloke

6 hours ago, StarBoy said:

But are Peterborough running next year, that's the factor in play now?

NO.

On 8/5/2023 at 9:11 PM, Insider said:

Don’t think Artem will be back, we’ll have to make do with Tarasenko instead 

Tarasenko in Stars kevlars for 2024 is old news

37 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Plus one on Lambo or a similar calibre of rider.. I would be thinking of heats 13 and 15. Not sure on Klindt myself. What is he, about 35 now,  and has had a bad injury. Wojdylo looks like he could be useful at 6, on an assessed 5. especially at home on a big track. In his short stint for the Panthers his home scores were 0, 12 and 13. Beating Doyle twice in one meeting. I guess it depends on what the league situation will be in 24, and the money available, as to what/who we get..

Unsure at this stage if Klindt is even going to do UK next year. Lambert and Tarasenko would be excellent shouts for heats 13 and 15, and if not if we get a strong no. 3 who could fill in if one has an off night. As proven the last 2 years, a "strength in depth" approach does not work for Lynn. 

We need riders around the following averages, imo:

1. 8

2. 5.5

3. 7

4. 6

5. 7.5

6. 5

7. RS

Buster will just sign Peterborough riders for KL as well as retaining some KL riders from this year.

I'm not going to be too far off here imo if KL run at Prem level with 7 man teams again in 2023.

1. Masters

2. Basso

3. Tarasenko

4. Iversen

5. Klindt

6. S. Lambert

7. Jenkins or Rowe (RS)

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Hypothetical, but would this work for Stars fans? Look solid to me. 

1. S. Masters 7.45

2. B. Basso 5.66

3. N. Klindt 6.89

4. V. Tarasenko 6.37

5. R. Douglas 7.04

6. S. Lambert 4.93

7. (R/S) 

Ave: 38.34

Remaining: 0.66

Almost got the same as you, Just NKI for Douglas.

I think Dougie ends up at Sheffield or BV.

35 minutes ago, TTT said:

Almost got the same as you, Just NKI for Douglas.

I think Dougie ends up at Sheffield or BV.

I'd say Iversen at Ippo

Robert Lambert is committed to Sweden & Poland. He will not be in the UK from the season start. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Would love to see R Lambert at 1, instead of Masters. Just don't think he's strong enough to be your big hitter, especially away from Monmore. However, that being said it certainly looks a more competitive team than what we've had to endure this season.

I'm sure we all would but I can't see Robert doing three leagues plus GP's. Highly unlikely he'll start the season in the UK.

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure we all would but I can't see Robert doing three leagues plus GP's. Highly unlikely he'll start the season in the UK.

There's a few riders currently here that do the 3 leagues and GPs

• Like 1

1. Masters 7.45

2. B.Cook 5.69

3. Tarasenko 6.37

4. Douglas 7.04

5. Klindt 6.89

6. Basso 5.66

7.  Jenkins (RS)

Solid line up, plenty of improvement, 0.10 over currently. 

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

I'd say Iversen at Ippo

Spoken as a true Stars fan......:D

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Spoken as a true Stars fan......:D

Respect everything NKI has done for Stars and he will always be remembered as a club legend. However, I wouldn't want to see him come in unless as a second string. 

2 hours ago, StarBoy said:

I'd say Iversen at Ippo

Good god no thanks. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StarBoy said:

There's a few riders currently here that do the 3 leagues and GPs

True, but listen to the recent British Speedway Podcast where Robert Lambert himself says he is contracted to Smederna in Sweden for 2024, and although he will speak to the club about his release, at this stage, it’s unlikely he does 3 leagues plus the GP’s. It may have been different if he lived in the UK, but he is based in Poland these days.