British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilTheAce

1 league rule dropping

PZM and BSPL are to agree a deal that Poland have priority on Thursdays but riders can ride in 2 other leagues instead of 1.....

the Thursday will only be used for rain offs so won’t be that many. 

so some riders will return. Which is good. Poland is still the winner though. But it’s a start 

• Sad 1

I'm sure Sheffield & Ipswich are delighted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Works if the prem has 8 sides and run home and away once, no pairs gimmicks and no league or KO CUP

Runs its league fixtures between May and end of August.

Championship is weakened, currently 8 sides but prem sides are encouraged to run an additional side within it so could wither become 16 sides of regional leagues of 8

14 minutes ago, Col said:

I’m sure they can work around any clashes to which there me won’t be many of 

Edited by PhilTheAce

A lot of names won't be returning regardless, Clubs won't rack up debt in this country. 

2 Leagues doesn't help with the Danish riders as they'll all be riding in Denmark for sure and they'll more than likely opt for the extra money in Sweden.

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Works if the prem has 8 sides and run home and away once, no pairs gimmicks and no league or KO CUP

Runs its league fixtures between May and end of August.

Championship is weakened, currently 8 sides but prem sides are encouraged to run an additional side within it so could wither become 16 sides of regional leagues of 8

Currently 9 sides in Champ? Or are you thinking of Glasgow moving up, as seems a chance Edinburgh might be able to stay at their track for 2023 whilst looking for something else.

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

PZM and BSPL are to agree a deal that Poland have priority on Thursdays but riders can ride in 2 other leagues instead of 1.....

the Thursday will only be used for rain offs so won’t be that many. 

so some riders will return. Which is good. Poland is still the winner though. But it’s a start 

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

I’m sure they can work around any clashes to which there me won’t be many of 

So now the UK promotions have to keep an eye on Polish weather forecasts as well as their own. :rofl:  I certainly think the poles have the better side of that deal. Makes it less likely Thursday clubs will sign Extraliga riders but the poles were never going to give up the 1 league rule without getting something back in return

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What nights are Sweden having then?

Thursday's have been used most weeks...

3 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

Waiting for Peterborough to announce Artem

Thanks to Putin he'll still be unemployed/unemployable next year.

24 minutes ago, mikebv said:

What nights are Sweden having then?

Thursday's have been used most weeks...

They might drop Thursday’s- not confirmed Can’t  see to many choosing GB for an extra league possibly Woffinden, Lambert, Bewley and Chris Holder, Lidsey maybe whereas Denmark and Sweden will be popular to the rest.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Col said:

...and Leicester!!

16 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

They might drop Thursday’s- not confirmed Can’t  see to many choosing GB for an extra league possibly Woffinden, Lambert, Bewley and Chris Holder, Lidsey maybe whereas Denmark and Sweden will be popular to the rest.

I think Thursdays were introduced when Sweden had 9 teams riding so, now that they are back to 8 Thursday racing might be considered  unnecessary.

Edited by tocha

If the premier League is going 42.5 with no rising star plus a new team I reckon they need another 15 riders to become available