British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilTheAce

1 league rule dropping

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't agree that's diluting the product, teams should average out at 42, so 39 + RS is no weaker than this year?

It was 39 this year wasn’t it??? And that was for 6 riders because the RS didn’t count. Next year it could be 39 for 7 riders. That’s diluting it for me 

7 hours ago, RS50 said:

What is the source of this information? I reckon GB speedway would be a big loser on this, so why agree?

It’s in the polish press

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

It’s in the polish press

Although the Polish speedway press does tend to run with things that don't meet conventional journalistic standards, so hopefully it's not true.

Sounds similar to the situation earlier this year, regarding Bewley going to Belle Vue, which our promoters rejected. Therefore why would they want it now?

Is this a case of Poland giving us a choice of us agreeing to Thursday not being protected in exchange for riders being allowed to race in more leagues OR Poland running on a Thursday when it is supposed to be protected?

Also, should the BSPL agree to the move what is to say that Polish teams won't quietly tell all their riders that racing for more teams will result in the rider being dropped by their Polish team?

42 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Is this a case of Poland giving us a choice of us agreeing to Thursday not being protected in exchange for riders being allowed to race in more leagues OR Poland running on a Thursday when it is supposed to be protected?

Also, should the BSPL agree to the move what is to say that Polish teams won't quietly tell all their riders that racing for more teams will result in the rider being dropped by their Polish team?

Because the Polish teams won’t do that - they don’t run squads. I can see however that Extraleague teams with a Friday fixture might not be too happy with riders riding GB the previous night and we might see some mystery injuries appearing.

2 hours ago, RS50 said:

Sounds similar to the situation earlier this year, regarding Bewley going to Belle Vue, which our promoters rejected. Therefore why would they want it now?

All teams bar the Aces were settled back then and the BSPL/BSF cartel didn’t want Belle Vue being ahead of the game with Bewley in, so the stopped us. 
Double whammy for Dan as he’s denied riding here and fans berate him for not riding in the UK. It was during one of these spats that Dan let the cat out of the bag. 

3 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

One of the above listed that isn’t the brits could be making his debut in UK next year 

So Dudek or Vaculik then, as the others wouldn't be making their debut?!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ouch said:

All teams bar the Aces were settled back then and the BSPL/BSF cartel didn’t want Belle Vue being ahead of the game with Bewley in, so the stopped us. 
Double whammy for Dan as he’s denied riding here and fans berate him for not riding in the UK. It was during one of these spats that Dan let the cat out of the bag. 

:rofl: Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me. Whatever you do, don't let facts spoil your post :rofl:

14 hours ago, Badge said:

How do you know it won't be many?. It could be every week if they have a wet summer.  Damn stupid if they agree to that

If it does go ahead as outlined it will be interesting if they try to rearrange every rain off for a Thursday, (which I expect them to do) rather than any other day which may be available for the rescheduled fixture. I could even see them rearranging a rain off for a Thursday and having a practise on the following Sunday. Then the next year there will be a desire to remove the rain off only caveat, and gradually over a few years they'll acquire an extra day for full use. 

Sweden will capitulate as Thursdays were in the past really Alvenskan league days, it's only recently they've used a few for the top league.

I think we all know where this is heading. If the BSPL vote to agree to it, they better up the points limit and budgets, to get GP riders here, because they will have given away a race day in exchange for an increase in the availability of top riders, so if they drop the points limit and build on the cheap, what's the point?  So that's what some of them will no doubt vote for :rofl:

23 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So Dudek or Vaculik then, as the others wouldn't be making their debut?!

Technically Vaculik has debuted over here already for Leicester.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Technically Vaculik has debuted over here already for Leicester.

True. I'd forgotten his ill-fated experience.

Just now, Skidder1 said:

True. I'd forgotten his ill-fated experience.

So I wonder where Dudek is going........

37 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So I wonder where Dudek is going........

Ipswich? Didn't they used to have big ties with Polish riders