British Speedway Forum
Cue Ball

Sheffield v Wolves 06.19.22 PO semi second leg

Problem with wolves is they need 2-3 changes but they'll consistently make the play offs without them but won't win anything 

43 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

BV will be worried by Sheffield.

Not particularly. I expect us to get beat comfortably there. We will attack the track more than Wolves though. Wolves looked beaten from the start tonight. As I expect us to get beat comfortably at Owlerton, I expect us to win comfortably at the NSS. Will be an interesting one as no lead will be safe!

40 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

It's been evident that speedway is dying a death for a long time, but it has always been in the background till now.

In watching these three play offs it seems it is now 'in your face' and I felt I was actually watching it dying this painful death on TV for all to see. 

Actually Mr Clemens I've been watching this meeting from a computer screen on holiday in SW Scotland and couldn't agree with you more:t:I have a wonderful view from my holiday cottage towards the Island of Arran and found it more appealing than watching this meeting online:neutral:

• Like 1

No surprises tonight, Wolves only made the play-offs by default tbh.

Whole team was built wrong from Day 1, Two out of depth reserves put immense pressure on the 1-5 to outscore the oppositions 1-5 every week and that was never going to happen. 

5 minutes ago, Ace no.5 said:

Not particularly. I expect us to get beat comfortably there. We will attack the track more than Wolves though. Wolves looked beaten from the start tonight. As I expect us to get beat comfortably at Owlerton, I expect us to win comfortably at the NSS. Will be an interesting one as no lead will be safe!

I can see the Aces getting at least 40 at Sheffield...

The top three getting 28-30 from their 14 rides...

Wright, Brennan, Etheridge and Blodorn will then need to get 10 to 12 from their 16 races..

Blodorn at Owlerton will be better than he would be at Wolves I would say, and could be a good card to play..

I gave up after heat 10 and watched something else, I get Eurosport with my sky subscription , I can honestly say if I had to pay extra I wouldn’t bother.

The GP,s haven’t been a lot better either, apart from one or two they have been borefests as well.

The sport is on its arse at the moment and the TV coverage isn’t helping.

• Like 5

Well the P.Offs (P/Ship and C/ship) so far have certainly captured my imagination.

Both edge of the seat stuff.  In fact I have nearly fell off my seat in the lounge at every meeting only to be woken up by me wife. 

Certainly the most important BSPA conference in the history of the sport will be looking to build on the great success of this season. It has been truly breathtaking and all supporters must be tyred out watching the action, anlas you are a Peterborough supporter.  

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, bluejam said:

Actually Mr Clemens I've been watching this meeting from a computer screen on holiday in SW Scotland and couldn't agree with you more:t:I have a wonderful view from my holiday cottage towards the Island of Arran and found it more appealing than watching this meeting online:neutral:

I don't say these things lightly as I was really looking forward to watching these play offs not having had TV access for some time.

I used to watch it on sky and the difference with what I saw then and what I am seeing now is unbelievable.

The Sky presentation was highly professional but when I watched the meeting that was rained off, I couldn't believe how amateurish the whole presentation was, compared to Sky. The interesting thing being most of those who were involved with Sky are doing it for Eurosport!!!

The actual racing wasn't much better in the meetings that ran, there seems to be a 'tired' air about it all, as though it doesn't really matter who wins this league.

It's a shame because I love my speedway, but I get the impression that if you are not prepared to accept any drivel that's served up then you are not a real speedway supporter.

In other words, this is the 'viscious speedway circle' leading to the ultimate demise of the sport as an option of interest to any organisation looking to get involved in real heavy duty sponsorship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can someone tell Nick Morris and Sam Masters  that a member of Sheffields track staff have found there Dummies that they threw out earlier on tonight 

6 minutes ago, speedwaysliders said:

NO ADAMS FULL STOP:o?

His interviews have become rarer than hens teeth. Has he fallen out with Abi and Sam?

I did catch the odd glimpse of him skulking in the background. Has he ever been known to smile?

Have not caught up with the meeting yet, but I can't help but feel this is what you get when you run the play offs in late September early October. Damp and cold and riders and fans would rather be elsewhere. Everybodys enthusiasm is waning at this time of year. Get the play off done on the August Bank Holiday when hopefully, the weather and tracks are still good and fans go into the winter remembering speedway with the sun on their backs rather than speedway getting a cold and trench foot. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ace no.5 said:

Gate 3
Tigers 1 2 1 2 1 0 1 1
Wolves 0 0 1 0 0 0 0

:blink:

Gate 3 always been a graveyard at Owlerton