British Speedway Forum
westlakejawa

Jubilee championship league

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

I would think most riders are packing everything up for the season 

They all know the season ends at the end of October,surely the chance to earn some money for some should be welcomed.

On 10/12/2022 at 10:27 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Asked about this tonight. Glasgow have pulled out. Shouldn’t be allowed to imo but dates are Poole on the 26th and Leicester 29th. 

Really? Isn't there a chance Glasgow could get fined for pulling out of the competition? I had a feeling something like this was afoot at the last home meeting when the announcer was talking like the Poole meeting was the last race of the season.

21 hours ago, Noelinho said:

If Glasgow have pulled out, it is disappointing, but I understand it too. We’ve had nothing to watch since pretty much the start of August, who would bother to come out now for one last match on a cold, damp October night? Glasgow’s season has been effectively over for two months. I can’t even remember the last home fixture before the playoff semi final, it’s that long ago. Was it Birmingham, maybe?

Birmingham?? Try Ellesmere Port! :rofl:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Really? Isn't there a chance Glasgow could get fined for pulling out of the competition? I had a feeling something like this was afoot at the last home meeting when the announcer was talking like the Poole meeting was the last race of the season.

How do you think the owners will react if Glasgow get fined? That could be a can of worms. 

31 minutes ago, Beirao said:

How do you think the owners will react if Glasgow get fined? That could be a can of worms. 

Don’t think they would want to jeopardise Allied sponsorship which a fine most certainly would.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Don’t think they would want to jeopardise Allied sponsorship which a fine most certainly would.

It’s not very Professional to pull out IMO.It damages their reputation which is a shame given the effort they have put into the sport since they took over.

The Poole v Leicester meeting on the 26th should guarantee a very big crowd if Pirates win the Playoff Final.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s not very Professional to pull out IMO.It damages their reputation which is a shame given the effort they have put into the sport since they took over.

Maybe not but nobody knows the reasoning behind pulling out.

To be honest it will be kept in house and rightly so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Have they Officially pulled out?

23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Have they Officially pulled out?

Not officially but no smoke without fire , I expect it to fade away over the horizon with little said as to why we aren’t participating.

But to answer your question no not officially.

• Thanks 1

IF the final(s) are abandoned will Glasgow, Leicester and Poole be fined for not completing their fixtures?

Nothing would surprise me in British Speedway any more.

This has been another season of embarrassment with a team running 99% without their signed No1, another signing a British Champion knowing he wouldn't be there for long, a team dropping out, a team signing a GP rider for 3 meeting in the quest for silverware and who know what other own goals?

• Like 3

On 10/13/2022 at 4:10 PM, szkocjasid said:

From memory I'm sure all 3 clubs were praising the decision to have a 3 legged final! So I find it odd that this change would have caused an issue. Not sure why the clubs would agree to this if it would cause fixture issues! I do feel rules should bit be changed mid-season however & should have stuck with a one-off final!

Maybe paying for three meetings from one home leg is the issue? 

Especially for Glasgow as not many Poole or Leicester fans will be in attendance I would think..

Especially given the way the competition has been devalued by the way it has been allowed to drift on without the clear priority and focus any "Final" of a competition should have been given..

• Like 2

Maybe make this into a knockout round robin... first leg at Glasgow, they can throw it get knocked out, the 2nd leg at Leicester, vs Poole, we get knocked out and then Poole can ride their home leg against nobody gloriously winning the trophy in front of a packed Wimborne Road, waving their phones about to Sweet Caroline being played over the PA

:D

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, iainb said:

Maybe make this into a knockout round robin... first leg at Glasgow, they can throw it get knocked out, the 2nd leg at Leicester, vs Poole, we get knocked out and then Poole can ride their home leg against nobody gloriously winning the trophy in front of a packed Wimborne Road, waving their phones about to Sweet Caroline being played over the PA

:D

You have forgotten "Hi Ho Silver Lining"....