British Speedway Forum
westlakejawa

Jubilee championship league

14 hours ago, foreverblue said:

.....what if was still called the summer trophy.....

They'd have withdrawn because it's Autumn now.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

In the last part of their statement it refers to lack of dates and the weather which is far more believeable than the name of the trophy. What would the excuse be if it was still called the summer trophy. To say it is in deference to the Queen passing is ridiculous, they must be all royalists in Glasgow!! 

We are  the majority.

• Like 1

If it goes back to the "Summer Cup" next year, would the amount of "sunny days" we get determine whether the finalists stay in the competion or not?  

Could be 50/50 if that's the case to be honest...

10 hours ago, mac101 said:

would think it was the BSPL

Perhaps the BSPL should make a staiement and clear the matter up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

If it goes back to the "Summer Cup" next year, would the amount of "sunny days" we get determine whether the finalists stay in the competion or not?  

Could be 50/50 if that's the case to be honest...

Can't call it the Summer Trophy out of respect to Spud who is retirering :Dl

Assuming all goes well we can run a Coronation Cup Competition next season, and hope the Monarchy keep in good health.!!

Edited by Fromafar
  • Haha 2

I’m glad we’ve finally got some clarity. I’m disappointed, but I understand. Is it the real reason? I don’t know. But honestly, for all the noise, the fact is this: clubs should not be left to decide fixtures. I can’t think of any other professional sport where that happens. This is the root of a lot of issues. Fixtures need to be centrally managed, so clubs have regular fixtures and we avoid some of these bun fights. It would remove one of the regular frustrations people have, which is I think at least part of the issue we’ve had with this competition.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I’m glad we’ve finally got some clarity. I’m disappointed, but I understand. Is it the real reason? I don’t know. But honestly, for all the noise, the fact is this: clubs should not be left to decide fixtures. I can’t think of any other professional sport where that happens. This is the root of a lot of issues. Fixtures need to be centrally managed, so clubs have regular fixtures and we avoid some of these bun fights. It would remove one of the regular frustrations people have, which is I think at least part of the issue we’ve had with this competition.

As I posed earlier, it would be interesting to know what the riders take on this is?

5 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Just noticed that  as recently as Tues (18th) Leicester were still under the impression that Glasgow would still contest the Jubilee Final according to their Website.

Something really does stink about this with absolutely no consideration to fans.

I think Leicester knew on the 18th Glasgow would not be competing -_-

22 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

I'm feeling a bit queasy. 

I’m not.

• Haha 1

A club decides that it won't fulfill an official fixture

Would that happen in any other professional sport?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, noaksey said:

A club decides that it won't fulfill an official fixture

Would that happen in any other professional sport?

Perhaps you consider all the various things that have happened this and in previous seasons this just confirms how unprofessional speedway actually is and badly managed and administrated.

• Like 2