British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Belle Vue -V Sheffield POF leg 1 Monday 10th Oct

7 minutes ago, markandrew23 said:

If Robert hasn't ridden in Britain for a few years how do they assess his average ? The green shows him at 7 61

7.61 (possibly with British reduction) was Lambert's attained average in 2019 with Kings Lynn, so he returns on that average as Fricke, Doyle, Musielak and several others did at the start on the season.

I think over two legs this will be a very close affair, both teams will win big at home.  Personally, I don't think Owlerton and the NSS ride at all similar.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, markandrew23 said:

Thanks for explaining that, seems low for Robert especially after Monday.

Don't think Lambert was particularly happy with his lot at Saddlebow Road in 2019!  Overall he was still third in the averages that year behind Fricke (oh, the irony) & Doyle.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Col said:

Don't think Lambert was particularly happy with his lot at Saddlebow Road in 2019!  Overall he was still third in the averages that year behind Fricke (oh, the irony) & Doyle.

Behind Batch as well, who was only 0.04 behind Doyle. I think he could average around 10 now, if he was 100% committed. He has come on a lot since then.

Edited by Bald Bloke

I love how BSF completely dispenses with fact and logic when assessing the two teams. Their success compared to ours has been listed but no, make stuff up instead. Sadly the way it seems on here. 

There is still time for Bates to try and pull another fast one as a cartel committee member. We could suffer another injury (just to cheer up the bloodthirsty BSF, always wondered who cheers a fallen rider you scumbags) and don’t forget the referee - free carvery for life?

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Hang on. They finished top of the league for a reason, they were the best team over the season. They had the bigger aggregate win in semi. They have absolutely destroyed us at Sheffield every match, we can’t ride the track. 
of course they are favourites 

What happened in the league isn't relevant to the playoffs, we start again. Poole were only third in the league but nobody would bet against them winning the championship playoffs. 

Lambert won't have any issues with the Sheffield track, he is a world class rider. 

Belle Vue are big favourites, most people think so, the bookies have them heavy odds on and they know what they are doing. 

You  have destroyed them when they have visited Belle Vue and that was before you pulled the masterstroke and got Lambert. 

• Like 3

In a 2 legged match I always have a figure in my head of what I'd be happy with after the first leg... With this I'm not sure at all! I'd like 20 points. I'm not sure we'll get that. Anything less than 10 I think we're in trouble. 14-16 point Aces win would leave the tie firmly in the balance I think.

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What happened in the league isn't relevant to the playoffs, we start again. Poole were only third in the league but nobody would bet against them winning the championship playoffs. 

Lambert won't have any issues with the Sheffield track, he is a world class rider. 

Belle Vue are big favourites, most people think so, the bookies have them heavy odds on and they know what they are doing. 

You  have destroyed them when they have visited Belle Vue and that was before you pulled the masterstroke and got Lambert. 

And Sheffield have won by 18 and 24 against us at Owlerton! It could and probably will be close. A 20 point Aces first leg lead, the tie wouldn't be close to over. As for the bookies, I wouldn't suggest 4/7 in a 2 team match is "heavy odds on".

:blink:

1 minute ago, Ace no.5 said:

And Sheffield have won by 18 and 24 against us at Owlerton! It could and probably will be close. A 20 point Aces first leg lead, the tie wouldn't be close to over. As for the bookies, I wouldn't suggest 4/7 in a 2 team match is "heavy odds on".

:blink:

It has eased then, it was worse odds for Belle Vue last  night. They didn't have Lambert then, Cant see them getting that score in the playoffs,i think both matches will be closer. 

aces to win by 20 on aggregate , would have been very even without the late rule change   

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Hang on. They finished top of the league for a reason, they were the best team over the season. They had the bigger aggregate win in semi. They have absolutely destroyed us at Sheffield every match, we can’t ride the track. 
of course they are favourites 

Using the logic they are the best because they finished top don't cut it for just 2 play off matches though.Using your logic Ipswich were the 2nd best team but Belle Vue destroyed them.So it isn't where you finished in the league that makes you favourites it's current form,and Belle Vue certainly have that momentum at the moment.So imo this is why you are favourites.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Only in your twisted world do Sheffield start favourites. Belle Vue are massive favourites, even Mark Lemon Can't mess this up although he will have a good go I am sure! 

You have massively improved the team throughout the season culminating with the signing of Lambert who on current form, is far better than the unfortunate Max Fricke. 

Did you watch last night? Have you seen how BV fared at Sheffield in their three visits this year? Phil is right, it'll be two home wins, just depends who wins by more.

As for Lamberr, however good you are it's not as simple as rocking up to a track and just beating good home riders. He will score points but the idea that he is going to just blow away Holder, Ellis, Museilak and Howarth is fantasy. 

57 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

So how would you describe 2022 World Pairs Champion, Warsaw GP winner and 2023 GP contestant Max Fricke?

Can't wait for this and absolutely dreading it at the same time.   Belle vue Favourites with the bookies but Sheffield finished top so should be favourites, for me this can go either way.  I know both teams have beaten each other at home convincingly, but if your Sheffield you simply can't afford to go into the second leg on the back of a heavy defeat, as 2 legged meetings are totally different to a one off.  I do believe Monday is the key if it's under 10 points I expect Sheffield to pull it back, over 10 and I expect the experience of our heat leader trio to see us over the line at Owlerton.  I just hope both teams have no injury's over the next week and we can see 7 v 7 in both legs.  Come on you Aces.