British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Belle Vue -V Sheffield POF leg 1 Monday 10th Oct

4 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

I think Sheffield start favourites on current form, but I hope Belle Vue win because I don't want to see cheats prosper.

Hmmm!  I think BV should be the team you don’t want to prosper - Robert Lambert signing!!

Putting aside the who signed who lets look a the last times the teams rode each other at each others tracks

Belle Vue 5th September

Belle Vue 54 Sheffield 36

Belle Vue had their full 1 to 7.

Sheffield Klindt replaced Musielak and scored 12 points from 6 rides.

Sheffield 22nd September

Sheffield 57 Belle Vue 33

Sheffield had their full 1 to 7

Belle Vue had Rider Replacement Fricke and the team scored 6 points from the Rider Replacement rides.

Overall Aggregate Scores; Sheffield 93 Belle Vue 87.

Although Sheffield won those meetings on aggregate, I cannot see Musielak matching Klindt scores, and Lambert will score more than double the Rider Replacement score at Sheffield.

For me Belle Vue are rank favourites.

• Like 2

This thread proves that, depending on how you read the rules, one or both of the teams may or may not have broken the rules. What is also clear is that the BSPL and SCB need to get the rules for 2023 looked at very carefully by a legal experts so that they are written with no loopholes and watertight so they do not allow dodgy goings on as we have seen in the past. If BSPL and SCB cannot manage that then they are not fit for purpose and a new independent governing body should take over.

1 hour ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Actually he's right.   Cook didn't suffer a "long-term" injury.   He carried on riding elsewhere.  He was dropped due to form/reliability.    Having already used their 2 legal changes, this third one was illegal.   

Jake Allen?

52 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Conveniently forgetting that Zagar replaced Jake Allen illegally.

Legal, as was Heeps - see rule book.  

Circa 2/3rd tickets in the Grandstand sold...

Behind the tapes the ones mainly left...

Would imagine a "full house" would be a distinct possibility. .

Have all the Sheffield fans attending booked their Uber? 

As it's the final they might need a seven seater...:D

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Legal, as was Heeps - see rule book.  

Have Belle Vue got one ?

• Like 1

Just by reading many of the comments in this thread shows how and why this sport isn't ever taken seriously...

Two teams have "cheated" by replacing riders....

One due to a long term injury to their No1 rider...

And the other, due to wanting to replace an underperforming rider with someone they felt could improve their team..

Yet  Both used the average system that the sport so slavishly follows, and both, according to the averages, brought in lower ranked riders than the ones they were replacing...

Two clubs doing nothing other than what clubs would do in "proper team sports", in their respective circumstances...

But no.

In Speedway...

That's "cheating"...:D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, orion said:

Have Belle Vue got one ?

ttp://www.scbgb.co.uk/regulations

You should have tried using them instead of getting your mate Russell to use his influence with his chums. I’ve said for years folk like that are killing the sport and in your case it’s unfortunately very very true.

Having dodgy sorts involved in the sport is dangerous as you never know when they’ll turn and you end up losing everything. Very sad and all for a few cups that meant nowt. 

1 hour ago, ouch said:

You should have tried using them instead of getting your mate Russell to use his influence with his chums. I’ve said for years folk like that are killing the sport and in your case it’s unfortunately very very true.

Having dodgy sorts involved in the sport is dangerous as you never know when they’ll turn and you end up losing everything. Very sad and all for a few cups that meant nowt. 

I think it is wrong to say it is all for a few cups that mean nowt. At the time it means everything, you have the lows so you can enjoy the highs. I am sure most Swindon fans enjoyed winning the trophies and now it is very sad and upsetting to lose another track, if you saw Lee Kilby on TV you could see the pain written all over his face. 

I hope Belle Vue fans enjoy their victory without any fears that their club could close at a time when so many clubs are under threat of closure or have already closed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Not sure you got the hang of how links work let lol...

1 hour ago, orion said:

Not sure you got the hang of how links work let lol...

It doesn’t surprise me that you don’t have the intelligence to get to the rule book using the information provided let (sic). 

You’ve never read it before so why bother now. Probably didn’t feel the need with Terry about. Yuk!

13 hours ago, Chris116 said:

This thread proves that, depending on how you read the rules, one or both of the teams may or may not have broken the rules. What is also clear is that the BSPL and SCB need to get the rules for 2023 looked at very carefully by a legal experts so that they are written with no loopholes and watertight so they do not allow dodgy goings on as we have seen in the past. If BSPL and SCB cannot manage that then they are not fit for purpose and a new independent governing body should take over.

Whilst you have the overriding clause in the regulations which states

The BSPL directors have the sole right to approve or not approve a declaration then it matters not a jot what’s in the rules.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I think it is wrong to say it is all for a few cups that mean nowt. At the time it means everything, you have the lows so you can enjoy the highs. I am sure most Swindon fans enjoyed winning the trophies and now it is very sad and upsetting to lose another track, if you saw Lee Kilby on TV you could see the pain written all over his face. 

I hope Belle Vue fans enjoy their victory without any fears that their club could close at a time when so many clubs are under threat of closure or have already closed. 

Sad whats happened at Swindon those clubs who have secure futures cannot exist if clubs all around them are closing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Sad whats happened at Swindon those clubs who have secure futures cannot exist if clubs all around them are closing.

My own club  is far from secure so I know that sinking feeling, hopefully we can survive another season or two but developers are always there ready to pounce. 

• Like 1