British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Belle Vue -V Sheffield POF leg 1 Monday 10th Oct

Are Sheffield doing online tickets for the final? I ask because i read it was pay only on the turnstile but on their website clicking the links for online sales takes you to checkout with ticket price etc?

7 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Are Sheffield doing online tickets for the final? I ask because i read it was pay only on the turnstile but on their website clicking the links for online sales takes you to checkout with ticket price etc?

http://www.sheffield-speedway.com/ticketoffice

I'd say anything less than a 10 point lead to the Aces makes Sheffield favourite, 12-14 it's even and a 16+ lead would put Belle Vue in the driving seat.

The no tacticals rule could mean the middle order riders decide the silverware. 

Edited by Garry1603
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I try really hard the follow the Regulations, and regarding replacements they are particularly ambiguous and open to (mis)interpretation.

I can see how BV were able to sign Lambert, but I still can't work out how Sheffield made three separate changes, even though the regs say maximum of two.

PS: I don't think the regulations and squabbles are a significant part of speedway not being taken seriously - it's simply a very long way down the pecking order as a minority sport in a world where there are so very many different types of entertainment.

The Mickey Mouse nature it often appears to be ran in, 100% impacts the many thousands of fans who will still turn up to watch "proper Speedway" both here and overseas each season..

Yet wont travel even a few miles regularly to watch their local team...

And it would certainly, I would suggest,  impact any potential "large" sponsors coming into the sport given their name will be linked publicly to a "brand" that often looks amateurish in its self regulation and process management.. 

It is interesting to see the way riders at the higher levels, and national teams, seem to get backing from bigger companies yet the league itself doesnt seem to have any company interested...

Many of the issues are down to a lack of "serious money" in the sport in the UK.

Unfortunately when everything looks so contrived at times, you wont ever get that investment into it..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ouch said:

I thought it was because Allen & Cook were long term injured at the time of their release. It’s since been said Cook rode elsewhere but even so the Allen move is allowed over and above the other two due to his injury. 

This was a great new rule, the problem was forgetting to remove the old August rule as there was no need for two rules restricting late season moves. Unless of course you wanted to give yourself wriggle room to try and restrict another team replace a badly injured team member. 

Further ambiguity then, because Allen rode again for Scunthorpe - he was out for 6-8 weeks - standard absence for scaphoid, although depends on complexity of injury.

”Long term” needs to be specified …

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DazS said:

probably sheffield where he could let us down. 

Fully fit and on form he could let you down at Sheffield, it isn't a track that suits him I wouldn't think but he should be good at home if fully fit and firing, it is just when you have had a couple of nasty crashes it often takes riders a few meetings to get their confidence back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Garry1603 said:

I'd say anything less than a 10 point lead to the Aces makes Sheffield favourite, 12-14 it's even and a 16+ lead would put Belle Vue in the driving seat.

Not sure the middle order riders will decide it, could be the reserves and Belle Vue have the far superior reserves.

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Not sure the middle order riders will decide it, could be the reserves and Belle Vue have the far superior reserves.

Not sure I'd agree with that. 

16 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The Mickey Mouse nature it often appears to be ran in, 100% impacts the many thousands of fans who will still turn up to watch "proper Speedway" both here and overseas each season..

Yet wont travel even a few miles regularly to watch their local team...

And it would certainly, I would suggest,  impact any potential "large" sponsors coming into the sport given their name will be linked publicly to a "brand" that often looks amateurish in its self regulation and process management.. 

It is interesting to see the way riders at the higher levels, and national teams, seem to get backing from bigger companies yet the league itself doesnt seem to have any company interested...

Many of the issues are down to a lack of "serious money" in the sport in the UK.

Unfortunately when everything looks so contrived at times, you wont ever get that investment into it..

Not sure the way the sport is ran impacts that much on crowd levels, some possibly but if you talk to fans at away tracks and friends who attend you will be surprised how many only know the basic rules and rarely go on the BSPA website. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure I'd agree with that. 

Really can't see either of the Sheffield reserves getting much tonight, better at Sheffield maybe but who is beating Blodorn or Etheridge tonight? I can see Blodorn  being much better at Sheffield than previously as now he has more experience at British tracks, he even did quite well at Ipswich recently.

• Like 2

Weather set fair...

Looks like a very good crowd expected looking at the ticket sales..

Let's hope for a great night's racing...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garry1603 said:

I think Belle Vue need to hit 55 tonight, which they are capable of doing.

50 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You do?  I'm not sure I agree.  Blodorn can be tremendous at the NSS but has shown no liking of Owlerton in three visits, that said he rode well in his final two rides at Foxhall in the semi final so could discover his form there.  Etheridge tends to get by with one heat win at home and a couple of third places again showed no points scoring form at Owlerton this season.

Sedgmen has struggled at NSS and has been a surprising choice as guest for teams on a few occasions, but as both have finished their Championship seasons how do the two reserve Aussies compare:
Justin Sedgmen 7.39
Jye Etheridge 6.71
Sedgmen has been a heat leader (often the only one) for the Brummies, Etheridge started at reserve for the Bandits.

Mountain showed good form in the British Final.  Personally I think the Aces have the edge in the top three but the Tigers are stronger in the bottom 4.

• Like 1

From my limited viewing of speedway in the past few weeks - nothing I have seen will tempt me back to trackside to watch riders endlessly gardening at every start ….lack of any “racing” just very fast “riding”. One sided meeting pa with the result never in doubt despite the constant “bigging it up” by the TV commentators. FTG features in all but a few heats. 
Not for me anymore. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Weather set fair...

Looks like a very good crowd expected looking at the ticket sales..

Let's hope for a great night's racing...

Amen to that.

• Like 3