British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Belle Vue -V Sheffield POF leg 1 Monday 10th Oct

43 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Whilst you have the overriding clause in the regulations which states

The BSPL directors have the sole right to approve or not approve a declaration then it matters not a jot what’s in the rules.

That is the first rule that MUST be removed from the rule book in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ouch said:

It doesn’t surprise me that you don’t have the intelligence to get to the rule book using the information provided let (sic). 

You’ve never read it before so why bother now. Probably didn’t feel the need with Terry about. Yuk!

It doesn't take much intelligence to read the rules but would you care or make much effort to read them if your team wasn't involved plus the rules are pointless when they can be changed at a drop of a hat. 

48 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

The BSPL directors have the sole right to approve or not approve a declaration then it matters not a jot what’s in the rules.

Come the revolution this should be the 1st rule up against the wall

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

When you substitute BSPL directors with Bates, Godfrey, Ford jr & Louis it’s even more chilling. Add in Chapman (still very much a spectre hanging over the sport) and CVS from recent years it’s easy to see why the sport is dead. You reap what you sow. So sad. 

Even more of a concern is those named above will control all next years top flight - bar one. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ouch said:

When you substitute BSPL directors with Bates, Godfrey, Ford jr & Louis it’s even more chilling. Add in Chapman (still very much a spectre hanging over the sport) and CVS from recent years it’s easy to see why the sport is dead. You reap what you sow. So sad. 

Even more of a concern is those named above will control all next years top flight - bar one. 

Edited by Skidder1

7 hours ago, ouch said:

It doesn’t surprise me that you don’t have the intelligence to get to the rule book using the information provided let (sic). 

You’ve never read it before so why bother now. Probably didn’t feel the need with Terry about. Yuk!

If someone could understand how to use a link i might be able to . sadly it's unlikely to be you :rofl:

11 hours ago, ouch said:

Having dodgy sorts involved in the sport is dangerous

Well, we've survived since 1928 with 'em involved!!!

Edited by chunky

23 minutes ago, orion said:

If someone could understand how to use a link i might be able to . sadly it's unlikely to be you 

Try removing your mittens. 

hoping brennen performs better tomorrow than he did this afternoon.

Even with Lambert, Belle Vue need to hit a 53-37 minimum. 

Anything less gives Sheffield something to chase hard. 17+ points will force Sheffield to ride a little more desperate 

59 minutes ago, DazS said:

hoping brennen performs better tomorrow than he did this afternoon.

I did say before Tom Brennan could be the one that lets Belle Vue down as he has had a couple of nasty crashes lately but he has had a bit of time to recover and back on his home track I think he will be fine.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Even with Lambert, Belle Vue need to hit a 53-37 minimum. 

Anything less gives Sheffield something to chase hard. 17+ points will force Sheffield to ride a little more desperate 

Well hopefully be closer than that as I think if it is 16 lead that will be game over before the second leg starts.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I did say before Tom Brennan could be the one that lets Belle Vue down as he has had a couple of nasty crashes lately but he has had a bit of time to recover and back on his home track I think he will be fine.

probably sheffield where he could let us down. 

23 hours ago, mikebv said:

Just by reading many of the comments in this thread shows how and why this sport isn't ever taken seriously...

Two teams have "cheated" by replacing riders....

One due to a long term injury to their No1 rider...

And the other, due to wanting to replace an underperforming rider with someone they felt could improve their team..

Yet  Both used the average system that the sport so slavishly follows, and both, according to the averages, brought in lower ranked riders than the ones they were replacing...

Two clubs doing nothing other than what clubs would do in "proper team sports", in their respective circumstances...

But no.

In Speedway...

That's "cheating"...:D

I try really hard the follow the Regulations, and regarding replacements they are particularly ambiguous and open to (mis)interpretation.

I can see how BV were able to sign Lambert, but I still can't work out how Sheffield made three separate changes, even though the regs say maximum of two.

PS: I don't think the regulations and squabbles are a significant part of speedway not being taken seriously - it's simply a very long way down the pecking order as a minority sport in a world where there are so very many different types of entertainment.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I try really hard the follow the Regulations, and regarding replacements they are particularly ambiguous and open to (mis)interpretation.

I can see how BV were able to sign Lambert, but I still can't work out how Sheffield made three separate changes, even though the regs say maximum of two.

PS: I don't think the regulations and squabbles are a significant part of speedway not being taken seriously - it's simply a very long way down the pecking order as a minority sport in a world where there are so very many different types of entertainment.

I thought it was because Allen & Cook were long term injured at the time of their release. It’s since been said Cook rode elsewhere but even so the Allen move is allowed over and above the other two due to his injury. 

This was a great new rule, the problem was forgetting to remove the old August rule as there was no need for two rules restricting late season moves. Unless of course you wanted to give yourself wriggle room to try and restrict another team replace a badly injured team member.