British Speedway Forum
TTT

Sheffield vs. Belle Vue Grand Final 2nd Leg 13/10/22

57 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Sheffield finished higher in the league than Belle Vue so they deserve to win, play offs are just a money spinner.

Absolutely shocking that a speedway promoter should be allowed to cover some of the losses made during the regular season with a PROFITABLE meeting. 

2 hours ago, RobHowe said:

He looked a class above on Monday - I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t get 15.

I fully expect him him to score 12-15 or so of course an EF or crash could ruin it but i've seen him ride there admittedly it was 2015 or 16 but he wont be scared to have a good go!

Tigers need a couple of early heat advantages then its game on, Zagar wasnt all that when i saw him at Owlerton earlier this year and Brennan struggled as well, the key man is Kurtz if he shows up and scores well the Aces might well nick it!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

Noticed on Monday nite, belle Vue rider's seemed to  struggle out of the gate, no problems passing on the belle Vue circuit, but think it will be a lot harder at Sheffield to pass,if they miss the gate,

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Neila said:

but think it will be a lot harder at Sheffield to pass,if they miss the gate,

Barely any passing at Owlerton after turn 2 lap 1 is complete these days.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Col said:

So unfortunately it looks like gate and you win !!! That's Sheffield for the play off winners I'm afraid to say 

16 minutes ago, Col said:

Wrong there. The forum posting rules say only the Monmore Green track can be criticised, and no other. Keep to the rules  and everything will be fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Wrong there. The forum posting rules say only the Monmore Green track can be criticised, and no other. Keep to the rules  and everything will be fine.

Not been to Monmore Green for years but one of the best meetings I ever saw was the 2005 Playoff draw with Ipswich and then Max won the ride off!

7 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Not been to Monmore Green for years but one of the best meetings I ever saw was the 2005 Playoff draw with Ipswich and then Max won the ride off!

Different times indeed, I used to enjoy watching Wolves at Monmore back then.

Sunny start here - as the crow flies I am about 1.5 miles from the track 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arnieg said:

Absolutely shocking that a speedway promoter should be allowed to cover some of the losses made during the regular season with a PROFITABLE meeting. 

But this is the problem with speedway Arnieg, clubs should be at least breaking even at every meeting without sponsorship or the playoffs propping them up 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whatever happens tonight. May the best team win. And no weather will play a part in either meeting. So maybe October play offs do work ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arnieg said:

Absolutely shocking that they have to rely on the play-offs to stage a profitable meeting.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Dog said:

But this is the problem with speedway Arnieg, clubs should be at least breaking even at every meeting without sponsorship or the playoffs propping them up 

Thats fine it can be arranged.

The PUL 23 will be launched at the AGM

The BSPL are happy to announce that 13 Clubs have left the League for the 2023 season and that the new League Sponsors are Parallel Universe Limited.

The 3 Clubs who qualify for the League will be announced on the 32nd December once final Audit work is done.

The BSPL have also stipulated that ALL BANKING should be removed from Tracks for 2023 as we are now having to adhere to Flat Earth Society regulations

Zagar the key to the meeting,  excellent and combative when on it, infuriatingly cba when hes not, not the best gater either . 11 or so from him and the aces sneak to 40, 5 or 6 and they dont

It will be interesting to see how many Robert Lambert gets tonight. Undoubtedly the best rider on view, but his gating hasn't been great, and Sheffield doesn't have as many overtaking lines as Belle Vue offers.

• Like 1