British Speedway Forum
TTT

Sheffield vs. Belle Vue Grand Final 2nd Leg 13/10/22

I'm hoping for a meeting that drags on a bit and ends level on aggregate

Let's see if the curfew kicks in then and prevents the superheat to decide the title....:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Absolutely shocking that they have to rely on the play-offs to stage a profitable meeting.

I don't think that is true, there are losses but I am not convinced any team runs many meetings at a loss. The play offs, because they are generally well supported are money spinners and sponsors like them because of TV and press coverage. If a team isn't in the playoffs, it doesn't mean that team is automatically loss making. 

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'm hoping for a meeting that drags on a bit and ends level on aggregate

Let's see if the curfew kicks in then and prevents the superheat to decide the title....:)

Is it 1 superheat (one on one) or series of golden heats?

Looking forward to the War of the Roses battle, may the best team win.

16 minutes ago, krompa said:

Who knows? They'll make the rules up as they go along (as they always do). Sheffield may even "do a Belle Vue" and find some way to bring Szmarzlick in as a late reserve. 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

They're already 12 points up mate

Wolfie was alluding to the fact that the BV second strings would be required to score at least 11 points between them in order to achieve the 40 points needed to secure overall victory. Do keep up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krompa said:

Its one Superheat with 2 riders from each team. The scoring is 4,3,2,0.

The Golden Heats format is only in the Championship

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Its one Superheat with 2 riders from each team. The scoring is 4,3,2,0.

The Golden Heats format is only in the Championship

In Premiership League Cup, after the conclusion of a 2 legged tie the scores are level, a Super Heat will be used to determine the winner.

I believe in League (not Cup) we will see Golden Heats. 

It appears that Belle Vue have used an old average for Brennan on their preview for tonight's final so it looks like he should be at reserve. You would have thought they could have got that correct. 

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It appears that Belle Vue have used an old average for Brennan on their preview for tonight's final so it looks like he should be at reserve. You would have thought they could have got that correct. 

Clarification here please. Is it being suggested that BV 'fixed' his average to get him demoted to reserve, and hence eligible for seven rides?

27 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Clarification here please. Is it being suggested that BV 'fixed' his average to get him demoted to reserve, and hence eligible for seven rides?

No not saying that, it just has the wrong average on the preview but still has him riding at number 4 so nothing dodgy just it looks like with the average listed he should be at reserve. 

16 hours ago, TINYS said:

Sheffield finished higher in the league than Belle Vue so they deserve to win, play offs are just a money spinner.

Ive always thought the team that finishes top at the end of the regular season should be crowned champions and im not changing my opinion because my team are involved, we have finished top and lost out too, injury again. Obviously i want the Aces to win but it wont feel the same as winning over the full season and sitting on top of the pile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bellevueace said:

Ive always thought the team that finishes top at the end of the regular season should be crowned champions and im not changing my opinion because my team are involved, we have finished top and lost out too, injury again. Obviously i want the Aces to win but it wont feel the same as winning over the full season and sitting on top of the pile.

Let's not forget though that the fixtures weren't even completed, so Ipswich could have still finished top... We will never know. Still can't believe in a 6 team league with a really decent summer fixtures weren't completed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1