British Speedway Forum
TTT

Sheffield vs. Belle Vue Grand Final 2nd Leg 13/10/22

BV take a 12 point lead to Sheffield but have doubts over the availability of Wright & Etheridge.

BV have struggled around Sheffield this season and you'd fancy Sheffield to claw back most of the points but they may fall just short overall.

BV will need Lambert to continue his hot streak considering Zagar's performances around Sheffield this year, Brady Kurtz does ride Owlerton well though which is a +.

Sheffield should dominate at Second String and Reserve so the pressure is on BV's big boys to keep Ht's down to 3-3's.

Prediction Sheffield 50 - 40 BV

What do you think?

If the Tigers gate like they did last night they will run out easy winners..

If you get out gated, you dont pass at Owlerton like you can at the NSS..

The Aces will need 30 from the top 3 I would think.. 

• Like 1

Wrights the key to the second leg and if he doesn’t ride I think it’s advantage Sheffield.

Its Interesting that despite waiting an age for the Belle Vue press release on the match it doesn’t go into any details of injuries sustained by Wright or Etheridge.

37 minutes ago, TTT said:

BV take a 12 point lead to Sheffield but have doubts over the availability of Wright & Etheridge.

BV have struggled around Sheffield this season and you'd fancy Sheffield to claw back most of the points but they may fall just short overall.

BV will need Lambert to continue his hot streak considering Zagar's performances around Sheffield this year, Brady Kurtz does ride Owlerton well though which is a +.

Sheffield should dominate at Second String and Reserve so the pressure is on BV's big boys to keep Ht's down to 3-3's.

Prediction Sheffield 50 - 40 BV

What do you think?

I hope your right.  There's no doubt the 3 heat leaders can see us through if they all do their job.

29 minutes ago, mikebv said:

If the Tigers gate like they did last night they will run out easy winners..

If you get out gated, you dont pass at Owlerton like you can at the NSS..

The Aces will need 30 from the top 3 I would think.. 

Lambert 13

Brady 10

Zagar 7. 

R/R 4

Tom 3

Reserves 3 

18 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Wrights the key to the second leg and if he doesn’t ride I think it’s advantage Sheffield.

Its Interesting that despite waiting an age for the Belle Vue press release on the match it doesn’t go into any details of injuries sustained by Wright or Etheridge.

Probably don't want to say anything yet, which is understandable. 

As I said before the final. Sheffield favourites and even more so now after the first leg. 

why don’t you listen to me 

Blame lies fully with Charles Wright if BV fall just short on Thursday now.

Kye Thomson guesting is a hammer blow.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Charles Wright was withdrawn last night after suffering concussion.      This puts him on the sidelines for nine days minimum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Blame lies fully with Charles Wright if BV fall just short on Thursday now.

Kye Thomson guesting is a hammer blow.

It will be R/R 100% we can't get a guest, if we could it wouldn't be Kye.

16 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Charles Wright was withdrawn last night after suffering concussion.      This puts him on the sidelines for nine days minimum.

Oh so both Belle Vue riders got concussed, lucky for Musielak and Sheffield as his crashed seemed at higher speed and his bike could of hit him but didn't and he has tweeted he is fine.

32 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

As I said before the final. Sheffield favourites and even more so now after the first leg. 

why don’t you listen to me 

They are now I agree but they wouldn't be if Wright hadn't had a moment of madness. Kye Thompson is a very strange choice of guest, some have mentioned zach Cook but Ben Cook would also be available unless Danny Ford told him where his bread was buttered! As Hans used to say what comes around goes around!

Edited by foreverblue

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

They are now I agree but they wouldn't be if Wright hadn't had a moment of madness. Kye Thompson is a very strange choice of guest, some have mentioned zach Cook but Ben Cook would also be available unless Danny Ford told him where his bread was buttered! As Hans used to say what comes around goes around!

Ben Cook cannot guest in Premiership as he has the wrong type of visa! He is applying to change it for 2023.