Steve Worrall 8.05
Danny King 8.05
Richard Lawson 7.97
Ben Cook 6.09
Zach Cook 4.92
Jake Mulford 2.00
Nathan Ablitt 2.00
Total 39.08

I don't think I would. That is pushing top heavy to the max! 

Poole would never go with 2 two point reserves. They would be there all season, no chance of reserve swaps if one of the top 5 had an off night. Need one decent scoring reserve.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I’m confident we may see a new Aussie in the team next year. 

My money would be on Keynan Rew  (19) or Tate Zischke.

I've said plenty on Keynan who I think would be a good signing on a 5.

As for Tate, I think he is only 17 and think available on a 4 ??. He is highly recommended by Darcy Ward and just learned he won the new South Wales U21 Title at the weekend. Also had i believe looking at Youtube a short stint riding in Danish Lge 1 in 2022, (the lower league used by many young Danes) and I think even Brady Kurtz rode in it in his first year in Europe.

Darcy's comment about Tate was that he reminds him a lot of how he was at same age. That's got to make anyone sit up and listen ;).

I'd happily take both of them as arguablly the brightest U18 and U23 Aussie talents coming through along with Pearson who will be at Brum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole would never go with 2 two point reserves. They would be there all season, no chance of reserve swaps if one of the top 5 had an off night. Need one decent scoring reserve.

No team would or should.

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I’m confident we may see a new Aussie in the team next year. 

Michael West :t: :cheers:

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

43 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No team would or should.

Edinburgh won the league in 2015 with 2 x 3.00 reserves (the minimum average then). Both (Clegg & Branford) only finished with about 3.5 averages & stayed at reserve all year!

Even if one of the top 5 had an off night, still got 4 potential double figure scorers in the team!

4 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

My money would be on Keynan Rew  (19) or Tate Zischke.

I've said plenty on Keynan who I think would be a good signing on a 5.

As for Tate, I think he is only 17 and think available on a 4 ??. He is highly recommended by Darcy Ward and just learned he won the new South Wales U21 Title at the weekend. Also had i believe looking at Youtube a short stint riding in Danish Lge 1 in 2022, (the lower league used by many young Danes) and I think even Brady Kurtz rode in it in his first year in Europe.

Darcy's comment about Tate was that he reminds him a lot of how he was at same age. That's got to make anyone sit up and listen ;).

I'd happily take both of them as arguablly the brightest U18 and U23 Aussie talents coming through along with Pearson who will be at Brum.

I would think with Tate it would still be potentially too much of a risk to pair him with Ablitt down at reserve? But maybe that's a risk we are willing to take. 

Keynan Rew on a 5avg seems a no brainer and will have team's from both leagues after him im sure. 

I would take Danyon Hume if available or maybe Kyle Newman as he seemed to be riding better at the end of last season. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would take Danyon Hume if available or maybe Kyle Newman as he seemed to be riding better at the end of last season. 

I think Glasgow are the only ones who don't want Hume! Fight on our hands to get him to come back. 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think Glasgow are the only ones who don't want Hume! Fight on our hands to get him to come back. 

The only downside of getting Hume back is that it leaves a Drew Kemp size hole for the other place! 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The only downside of getting Hume back is that it leaves a Drew Kemp size hole for the other place! 

Told ya all last week. Alfie Bowtell. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Haha, you're on fire today!! 

Michael West - look him up, up and coming young rider in Oz...Poole bound!

No Fred or Rose jokes - honest

Edited by HGould
add para

6 minutes ago, HGould said:

Michael West - look him up, up and coming young rider in Oz...Poole bound!

No Fred or Rose jokes - honest

Did they find him under the patio!