British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Thought it was only kids that called him that! 

Well that's the only one I can say on a public forum! 

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2022 at 7:22 PM, lewy said:

Yawnnnñnnn

5 hours ago, corfe pirate said:

Been reading your own posts Lewy ?  ;) :D.

Sorry Lewy I retract that statement.You obviously had prior knowledge of the England V USA footy !  :D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, lewy said:

Surprise choice of club to make his comeback with imo.

It’s far from a surprise when you look at the bigger picture, Berwick are an incredibly well run club and the Courtney’s and Gary Flint are highly respected operators. We don’t know Rory’s other plans but clearly a Saturday track is something that works for him. There is also a big youth system at Berwick and their training track at Duns, and Rory clearly has history working with the British youth system. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, IanBrannan said:

It’s far from a surprise when you look at the bigger picture, Berwick are an incredibly well run club and the Courtney’s and Gary Flint are highly respected operators. We don’t know Rory’s other plans but clearly a Saturday track is something that works for him. There is also a big youth system at Berwick and their training track at Duns, and Rory clearly has history working with the British youth system. 

Makes sense when you take into consideration all the above, but I wasn't aware of alot of that so I was surprised. Thanks for the information. :t:

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, IanBrannan said:

Well said 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lewy said:

Makes sense when you take into consideration all the above, but I wasn't aware of alot of that so I was surprised. Thanks for the information. :t:

That's unlike you Lewy to be on a Poole thread and not be aware of a lot of information!!? 

The 'surprise' is not which club he's signed for - most clubs would be happy to have him - but that he's come out of retirement at all  as well as coming back to UK.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

That's unlike you Lewy to be on a Poole thread and not be aware of a lot of information!!? 

The 'surprise' is not which club he's signed for - most clubs would be happy to have him - but that he's come out of retirement at all  as well as coming back to UK.:rolleyes:

Well unlike you I don't know everything, and the surprise for me was that he signed for Berwick. I wasn't surprised at his return to British speedway I was told a few weeks ago. Another surprise is who your no7 will be :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Well unlike you I don't know everything, and the surprise for me was that he signed for Berwick. I wasn't surprised at his return to British speedway I was told a few weeks ago. Another surprise is who your no7 will be :t:

Who’s our number 7 then? 

39 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Who’s our number 7 then? 

Probably UK with an average lower than 3 to get 2 x Aussies in on 4 / 5 point averages.

Better than Ablitt in their opinion

Perm from Henry Atkins  or Kyle Bickley ? 

2 hours ago, lewy said:

I've gone through my kitchen cupboards to check all my sauces, especially my vegemite.  :cheers:

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Probably UK with an average lower than 3 to get 2 x Aussies in on 4 / 5 point averages.

Better than Ablitt in their opinion

Perm from Henry Atkins  or Kyle Bickley ? 

11 minutes ago, lewy said:

Did you look down under.

So we have narrowed it down to 'english is their first language' :D

3 hours ago, lewy said:

Of course you was. :rofl::rofl:

If it's Connor Bailey I'm never coming on this forum ever again... The Glasgow and Poole fans will not stop talking about it for at least 3 months if that happens

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

If it's Connor Bailey I'm never coming on this forum ever again... The Glasgow and Poole fans will not stop talking about it for at least 3 months if that happens

Don't worry it's not.