British Speedway Forum

53 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Oh good that's a relief, rather they try to tempt Aaron Summers back. 

surprised nobody mentioned Dillon ruml second year over here and has upped his ave to 5 .47 

I don't think they will as there ain't a whole lot between Jack, Kemp, Rowe and Thompson, but IF Poole decided to drop another rider to bring in Ablitt + 1 then that's sport IMO, and the custodians of the club have to do what's best for it as a whole. A bit harsh on the rider admittedly but as we've seen in recent seasons riders can agree deals and then go back on them leaving clubs in the lurch so it works both ways.

Wouldn't go near Batch personally and I'm not convinced Ablitt is good enough. Thompson for Thomas the best bet I reckon. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

It’s very unfortunate what has happened to jack thomas and I feel so sorry for him but if Poole make 2 changes to compensate for it in my eyes is disgraceful putting someone out of a job this close to the season is bang out of order with the points Poole have there is enough decent riders to fill that spot this is one interested person to see the morals of messers ford.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

What? Poole putting a rider out of work to make the team stronger? :rofl:

C'mon...we all know that Poole will do whatever it takes to give them the best possible chance of 'winning' ! (quite rightly so IMO!)

There's a big difference between making a mid-season change to strengthen up and dropping a rider pre-season with no team spots available though!

Anyway as far as I'm concerned replacing Thomas for Thompson, Kemp or Rowe doesn't make Pirates any weaker - so if for example Batchelor & Ablitt is stronger than Thomas & Newman, why wouldn't they start with that team?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

It’s very unfortunate what has happened to jack thomas and I feel so sorry for him but if Poole make 2 changes to compensate for it in my eyes is disgraceful putting someone out of a job this close to the season is bang out of order with the points Poole have there is enough decent riders to fill that spot this is one interested person to see the morals of messers ford.

Morals? Lol. They put the club first instead of individual riders. Having said that there are exceptions to that like Darcy and BK. 

51 minutes ago, mac101 said:

surprised nobody mentioned Dillon ruml second year over here and has upped his ave to 5 .47 

If you could do it as a straight swap would be a good option. 

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

Yes true and always seems to go well at Poole but that would be two changes

4 hours ago, lewy said:

No way will Poole do a double change, Skidder1 loves to throw a few red herrings in the mix:t:

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm only quoting what's in the Speedy Star. 

Anyway you can ask Garry May tomorrow if you're meeting up with others. He'll probably know..............!?;)

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes true and always seems to go well at Poole but that would be two changes

shame no only got  5.21 to play with dillon 5.47 maybe get one off the names mentioned and hopefully someone’s ave drops by .26 after ave changes and bring dillon ruml in  or maybe a new foreigner  on  accessed 5 plenty options 

12 minutes ago, mac101 said:

shame no only got  5.21 to play with dillon 5.47 maybe get one off the names mentioned and hopefully someone’s ave drops by .26 after ave changes and bring dillon ruml in  or maybe a new foreigner  on  accessed 5 plenty options 

How about just giving Dan Thompson the job for the season, & help another British rider progress ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I get your sentiment but Poole will do what is best for Poole and I would expect any club to do the same.

If they decide to change two then that’s there prerogative.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Read carefully, I wrote ‘ if it lifts ‘, which despite the previous comments, it CAN do , under certain circumstances . Yes, they are heavier than ‘air ‘ panels but a bike going in first is still capable of lifting a panel.

We’ve had a Polyfoam barrier at Berwick for a long time now and witnessed a lot of high speed incidents where the bike has went in first and yet to see the barrier lift, They are a different proposition to the inflatable version.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Read carefully, I wrote ‘ if it lifts ‘, which despite the previous comments, it CAN do , under certain circumstances . Yes, they are heavier than ‘air ‘ panels but a bike going in first is still capable of lifting a panel.

Absolute crap.   The polyfoam fence panels are huge, and very heavy.  A speedway bike, or bikes, won't lift them an inch.

• Thanks 1

Nice to hear Poole Pirates (and Ipswich Witches) getting a mention on BBC Question of Sport tonight. Shame they got the sport wrong but hey ho!:rolleyes:

• Like 2