British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Oxford's team selection have shown Poole COULD have kept their top 3. But must have decided to go with more strength in depth!

The key is/was to keep both Cooks so one of the top 2 heat leaders had to go. The choice between the 3 team options are about whether Zach Cook(4.92) could start at reserve or as a 2nd string. Watch this space.

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The key is/was to keep both Cooks so one of the top 2 heat leaders had to go. The choice between the 3 team options are about whether Zach Cook(4.92) could start at reserve or as a 2nd string. Watch this space.

I don't see that matters too much, it will only be an advantage until his average goes up, I can't see him being a reserve for long. 

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I don't see that matters too much, it will only be an advantage until his average goes up, I can't see him being a reserve for long. 

And if the team is built that way then Zachs average has to go higher than the weakest 2nd string which may not happen straight away.

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

And if the team is built that way then Zachs average has to go higher than the weakest 2nd string which may not happen straight away.

No but it won't take long, he will probably outscore his brother if he's at reserve.It could make early season wins more likely but come the playoffs he won't be at reserve. Zach is already 4.92.if we get a new 5 pointer then come the first set of averages he won't be a reserve anymore.. 

7 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Keynan Rew signed for Ipswich 

Great signing for them, I expect Doyley helped. Hope he signs for us too. 

Just now, foreverblue said:

Great signing for them, I expect Doyley helped. Hope he signs for us too. 

Would be nice, hopefully Danny can have some input, not sure Doyle would sway him this way, didn't leave Poole on very good terms when he was here 

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

Would be nice, hopefully Danny can have some input, not sure Doyle would sway him this way, didn't leave Poole on very good terms when he was here 

Can’t see Doyle having any issue with Poole. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Can’t see Doyle having any issue with Poole. 

Pretty sure they have all made up since then. 

Only thing about Rew is does he really need to do Championship? Prob not but would be nice to see him in this league. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Pretty sure they have all made up since then. 

Only thing about Rew is does he really need to do Championship? Prob not but would be nice to see him in this league. 

By the sounds of it on the Ipswich site he seems pretty busy already. Let’s see

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Zach will be a second string

19 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

By the sounds of it on the Ipswich site he seems pretty busy already. Let’s see

At his age he wants to be riding every day he can. 

9 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

Don't think he will be at Poole any time soon? 

you must remember all riders want to ride for poole :drink::t:

• Haha 3