British Speedway Forum

All these people who seem to be in know who is or isn't going where are you just guessing of Do you really have contacts and are Glasgow " sniffing around " if these chaps the Aussie 2 are not going to Poole because of a better offer then good riddance and enjoy winning not much to a good chance of winning something at Poole but they may well not do our league so all hypothetical.

28 minutes ago, Essex said:

All these people who seem to be in know who is or isn't going where are you just guessing of Do you really have contacts and are Glasgow " sniffing around " if these chaps the Aussie 2 are not going to Poole because of a better offer then good riddance and enjoy winning not much to a good chance of winning something at Poole but they may well not do our league so all hypothetical.

Do you REALLY think the riders are in it for the trophies more than the money?…….Oh dear!…..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

We'll see. 

Tell him you do know something like.

Nope can’t think of anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I reckon and I don't know but I would have thought Poole would pay a decent wage packet and with that comes with a good chance of winning trophies and you may earn a few more £'s at somewhere else in our league and win f*** a** I suppose you would have to ask the riders what they would rather do but I reckon they would rather be in a winning team than not but who knows maybe you're right but having played sport all my life when you win its better than losing

6 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Do you REALLY think the riders are in it for the trophies more than the money?…….Oh dear!…..

Your reply is bang on, the riders need to make a living and even an extra £10 a point can make  a massive difference over a season they also have to take travel time to their home track into consideration for example if a rider lived in Doncaster, rode for Sheffield in the PL and Scunthorpe in the Championship he gets to spend a lot more time with his family than if he rode for say Ipswich and Glasgow it also means fewer nights in hotels and less diesel in his van.  Above all riders need to be happy on a home track that they ride well with a good promotion who will back them if their form drops.  Its a dangerous sport with a short career and when the time comes to hang up the kevlars what matters most is how much money is in the bank not how many trophies are on the mantlepiece 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gazc said:

Tell him you do know something like.

Nope can’t think of anything.

Any info will be wasted on him :D:t:

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah well Richard Lawson definitely wanted the league trophy! :rofl::cheers:

I am pretty sure trophies are the Icing on the cake but to have the icing first  you need the cake

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Good pay which is delivered on time is all they are really bothered about, as well as help with digs/a workshop and transport for those without a set up in the UK already. Trophies are just a bonus, although going deep into competitions obviously means more meetings.

12 hours ago, Gazc said:

It means that we have a cocaine problem in Glasgow.

Out of curiosity Arthur but why do you view my profile every 2-3 days , it hasn’t changed in 12 years so unlikely to change now.

you old stalker ye.

Only to see who you supported, couldn't remember 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Tell the gullible ones anything.

Winning is a bonus that’s all it is all about earning potential.

Trophies are more for the fans.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Come on its for our entertainment not for money or trophies!!!! Bless them all i say 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Only once he knew a member of the old Bournemouth promotion was going to be involved at Plymouth did he backtrack on his decision & move to Poole, luckily for him.

Edited by IronScorpion

5 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Only once he knew a member of the old Bournemouth promotion was going to be involved at Plymouth did he backtrack on his decision & move to Poole, luckily for him.

Do you mean Eastbourne? ;)

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Really?!! Think you need to check your facts/opinions!