British Speedway Forum

16 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

He probably won't have many options though.

I don't think scunthorpe have many options either. 

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

I don't think scunthorpe have many options either. 

I don't think there's any available riders who could score what Kennedy would have, any decent riders available have averages that are too high!

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think there's any available riders who could score what Kennedy would have, any decent riders available have averages that are too high!

That's basically what I said :t:

I’m sure mr Godfrey will find a loophole somewhere in the rule book lewy  which he basically wrote to find a rider he wants.

• Sad 1

Rob said this afternoon at the press and practice that we have a 28 day facility for Kennedy which can be extended and will see how he goes with his recovery. Ty Proctor is booked for Friday at Home to Redcar so presuming we can have anyone upto Zaines average and not the 75 percent rule

28 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Rob said this afternoon at the press and practice that we have a 28 day facility for Kennedy which can be extended and will see how he goes with his recovery. Ty Proctor is booked for Friday at Home to Redcar so presuming we can have anyone upto Zaines average and not the 75 percent rule

i might be wrong but sure he said if we need an extension we can apply for one

3 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

Well yeah slight miss wording from myself apologies 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

I got a feeling if an extension is needed he surprisingly will get it:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, lewy said:

I got a feeling if an extension is needed he surprisingly will get it:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I’m sure mr Godfrey will find a loophole somewhere in the rule book lewy  which he basically wrote to find a rider he wants.

Yer Godfrey pulling a fast one............ he should have done an  Eddie Kennett ( 1lap and guests for the season).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Good to see the team back at the EWR and going through their paces at Practice yesterday. Lovely sunny but chilly early evening. All "the talk" was how we might cover for Zaines absence. Hearing we are employing a 28 day guest reserve facility is a bit of a sticking plaster to it. Yet there alongside new Scorpion Joe Thompson was brother Dan. Such an obvious longer term solution to our problem spot. How utterley ridiculous is it that one of British Speedways "rising stars". The very kind that are the future of our leagues is sat out of the Championship riding third tier National League only. And why ? because he has a 1pt more on his 2022 average more than Zaine. Come on someone use some common sense. Please.  

Edited by the outsider

8 minutes ago, the outsider said:

Good to see the team back at the EWR and going through their paces at Practice yesterday. Lovely sunny but chilly early evening. All "the talk" was how we might cover for Zaines absence. Hearing we are employing a 28 day guest reserve facility is a bit of a sticking plaster to it. Yet there alongside new Scorpion Joe Thompson was brother Dan. Such an obvious longer term solution to our problem spot. How utterley ridiculous is it that one of British Speedways "rising stars". The very kind that are the future of our leagues is sat out of the Championship riding third tier National League only. And why ? because he has a 1pt more on his 2022 average more than Zaine. Come on someone use some common sense. Please.  

You want to be allowed to be nearly a point over the limit?

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

You want to be allowed to be nearly a point over the limit?

I thinks its petty to be fair, keeping Dan Thompson sat on the side line, when he could be earning and learning in the Championship. Lets be honest is Dan Thompson a better rider than Zaine Kennedy irrespective of his measily 1pt average advantage. No disrespect but a fit Zaine is a notch up on Dan and would score more points at reserve. So we would not be strengthening by including Dan regardless of the 1pt on paper.

The like of Dan Thompson, Max Clegg, Alfie Bowtell are above NDL standard or should be ? , and  riding where possible in the Championship. It makes no common sense at all hold back these riders where there's an opportunity for them to race in competitive British Speedway. But of course when did Speedway ever make sense of itself ?

Expect us now to try and run the averages down to fit Dan in; which will not be easy given that Jake, Conor and MPT are already on 2022 false averages and will soon exceeding them. 

Running averages down is a bit of a manipulation to be fair, and if its to happen usually means you have to be prepared to conceed certain scoring situations..

Edited by the outsider

2 hours ago, the outsider said:

Averages for a reason, just cause they’re British doesn’t mean you should ignore that fact. Daft logic. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, the outsider said:

I thinks its petty to be fair, keeping Dan Thompson sat on the side line, when he could be earning and learning in the Championship. Lets be honest is Dan Thompson a better rider than Zaine Kennedy irrespective of his measily 1pt average advantage. No disrespect but a fit Zaine is a notch up on Dan and would score more points at reserve. So we would not be strengthening by including Dan regardless of the 1pt on paper.

The like of Dan Thompson, Max Clegg, Alfie Bowtell are above NDL standard or should be ? , and  riding where possible in the Championship. It makes no common sense at all hold back these riders where there's an opportunity for them to race in competitive British Speedway. But of course when did Speedway ever make sense of itself ?

Expect us now to try and run the averages down to fit Dan in; which will not be easy given that Jake, Conor and MPT are already on 2022 false averages and will soon exceeding them. 

Running averages down is a bit of a manipulation to be fair, and if its to happen usually means you have to be prepared to conceed certain scoring situations..

You could alaways replace MPT with a lower average rider to get Dan a spot .

Then your built too the same points as everyone else.